Does anyone know the actual differences between Map 2 and Map 3 on Phearable?

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So like the title says, I've seen a few people mention that Map 2 and Map 3 on the Phearable tune feel pretty identical. I believe Cameron Hill mentioned this before too and you can see in some of his race videos when he switches between Map 2 and Map 3 there really is no difference. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the actual power differences between the 2 maps.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You may not always see much of a difference on 91. TSP is also subject to a similar limitation as KR rises and timing is pulled - especially in hot weather or under repeated pulls.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I read map 2 is 20psi and map 3 is 24psi. I ordered yesterday, hoping it comes in the mail soon here otherwise it's looking like Monday. I'll be posting somewhere about it once I get done testing it out

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From what I read map 2 is 20psi and map 3 is 24psi. I ordered yesterday, hoping it comes in the mail soon here otherwise it's looking like Monday. I'll be posting somewhere about it once I get done testing it out
Well I know that, Its that some people say Map 2 and 3 feel the same

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the basic feel of the 20 psi and 24 psi maps is similar in most scenarios with the 24 psi map obviously having a bit more oomph at WOT.

Maybe former TSP Stage 1 users feel the Phearable map 2-3 difference is slight because they were used to the huge map 2-3 boost delta (16.5 psi to 24 psi) with the TSP?

Last edited:

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I'm sure the basic feel of the 20 psi and 24 psi maps is similar in most scenarios with the 24 psi map obviously having a bit more oomph at WOT.

Maybe former TSP Stage 1 users feel the Phearable map 2-3 difference is slight because they were used to the huge map 2-3 boost delta (16.5 psi to 24 psi) with the TSP?
TSP Si tune hits 22psi on map 2 and I have seen it spike over 23. I have never run map 3 so I can’t compare.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
TSP Si tune hits 22psi on map 2 and I have seen it spike over 23. I have never run map 3 so I can’t compare.
Yeah, I realize now that this was posted in the Si forum. I was basing my comment on the non-Si version. My apologies.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Specifically for the 1.5T civic si:
Level 1: Low Boost / ~19.5psi**
Level 2: Medium Boost / ~22psi**
Level 3: High Boost / ~25psi**
**Maximum boost pressure target is an approximation, and may vary due to atmospheric conditions.

There is in fact a difference between level 2 and level 3.

There are multiple factors which would make level 3 feel similar to level 2 including: elevation, air density, intake air temperatures, fuel quality etc.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Yeah, I realize now that this was posted in the Si forum. I was basing my comment on the non-Si version. My apologies.
No worries!
Sponsored