Does anyone know if the LE has stiffer springs than the base CTR ?

wishistillhadmyITR

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F87 M2 (former 00' EBP Si, PYITR 0081, Evo VIII, IX, 15' WRX STi, Focus RS))
Country flag
I would also like to know this. Because this also makes me wonder if the computer tuning only accounts for the unsprung weight reduction.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
2020+ supposedly have stiffer bushings and better programing for dampers and I'm guessing 2020+ is the same with what LE has. only said difference with LE vs current model is removed sound deadening and lighter wheels for USDM and for other Countries even lighter with removed head unit which should've been the case for all LE anyways

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
2020+ supposedly have stiffer bushings and better programing for dampers and I'm guessing 2020+ is the same with what LE has. only said difference with LE vs current model is removed sound deadening and lighter wheels for USDM and for other Countries even lighter with removed head unit which should've been the case for all LE anyways
LE also has different suspension logic/programming to account for the lost weight if I’m not mistaken.

jay_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I’ve compared part numbers for the springs and they are different for the LE. The shocks are the same but like mentioned earlier in this thread, the programming is different to match the different spring rate.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
@jay_fk8 is correct. Just for fun, the LE and non LE price for springs are a $50 bump per spring based on MSRP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
I’ve compared part numbers for the springs and they are different for the LE. The shocks are the same but like mentioned earlier in this thread, the programming is different to match the different spring rate.
what are the spring rates?

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I read somewhere about the LE having extra welds to stiffen the chassis. I can't seem to find the article. Can anyone confirm this?

Reactions: OIK

Tuxedo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I read somewhere about the LE having extra welds to stiffen the chassis. I can't seem to find the article. Can anyone confirm this?
Seems like a far stretch, they were marketing this first when the ctr came out when it was way stiffer than the si counterpart, what extra welds could they do? Seems like BS really. Lift up the ctr and you'll see.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@jay_fk8 is correct. Just for fun, the LE and non LE price for springs are a $50 bump per spring based on MSRP
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

So then does anyone know how much stiffer the LE springs are?
And has anyone tried running the LE springs on a base CTR with stock dampers? I'm assuming it should be fine since the base dampers work well with other aftermarket springs which btw are lower too whereas the LE springs should keep the ride height unchanged.

I'm just looking for something stiffer, while keeping the stock ride height, AND maintaining the use of the drive modes. Ideally, I would also like to get a hold of the LE damper programming, but that seems unlikely.
Sponsored

Last edited: