Does anyone have these under-hood trim pieces? (I don't)

Pyru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2017 CTR
Country flag
Just a note guys but if you look down those fender gaps on the sides you can see they lead to the side vents exiting behind the front wheel. I believe the air channel is supposed to be cold air through the hood scoop and the hot air evacuates from the side vents. With these covers in I don't see how the hot engine air can get out through those side vents. Given some of the overheating issues maybe Honda scrapped the covers for this purpose.

It makes a bit of sense but are you inspected a CTR in person or you just talk from what you're able to see on pictures? Because the air channel that you're talking about is actually to guide the water that may enter thru the scoop already discussed on page 1 of this thread.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
It makes a bit of sense but are you inspected a CTR in person or you just talk from what you're able to see on pictures? Because the air channel that you're talking about is actually to guide the water that may enter thru the scoop already discussed on page 1 of this thread.
I agree with the water diversion concept as well. If you look at where the metal gutter ends the frame of the hood dips down right in front of it. When the hood is closed I believe whether or not the plastic cover is in place the pinch weld highlighted in green still somewhat blocks airflow out to the fender. Also the area highlighted in purple confirms that water does get diverted not out to the fenderwell but more at the corner of the shock tower as you can tell from the dried up puddle of dirty water collecting.
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have these under-hood trim pieces? (I don't) IMG_1451.PNG

Even without the plastic pieces the pinch weld also appears to block most of the airflow out to the fenderwell anyways. I'm guessing it doubles up and acts as a small barrier preventing debris and dust from entering thru there.
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have these under-hood trim pieces? (I don't) IMG_1452.PNG

Last edited:

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish I had those prices , it would suck to drop a bolt or socket down in there

aggieg33k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
On a regular non-type-r, would these reduce wind noise or cause any issues like overheating. I have the touring.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
On a regular non-type-r, would these reduce wind noise or cause any issues like overheating. I have the touring.
I have them on my type r and my wife’s sport touring. No change in wind noise nor over heating issues so far. Passwordjdm also makes them in carbon.

aggieg33k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I have them on my type r and my wife’s sport touring. No change in wind noise nor over heating issues so far. Passwordjdm also makes them in carbon.
What function would they serve on a touring or any car without hood scoops. Are they outlet cosmetic?

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
What function would they serve on a touring or any car without hood scoops. Are they outlet cosmetic?
Mainly cosmetic. It cleans up the look of the bay by covering the areas over the fenders that’s about it. It came standard all over the world except for the U.S.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Where can one order this?

Edit** saw the rest of the thread. Found the link.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
FYI, Tegiwa Imports is significantly cheaper than Dream Automotive. When you quote shipping to the US, ÂŁ25 of VAT drops off that Dream still charges and then Tegiwa takes another ÂŁ9 off (though I don't know how long that discount will last.) The shipping is also significantly cheaper at ÂŁ25 for a total cost of only ÂŁ90.99 shipped to the US. At current Paypal currency conversion, that's $125.56 which is a pretty good bargain.

I'd only order from Dream if you're getting other items, too, and can combine shipping.

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
How many clips are needed?

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
How many clips are needed?
None, they’re all included and use factory drilled holes to clip into. Jhpusa and dreamautomotive have them usually in stock.
Sponsored