Does anyone have any idea what this noise coming from my AC means?

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Hello,
my Civic MY2019 has the same issue with AC.
Next week I have an appointment with my Honda Dealer..

Try to isolate whether the sounds come from under the hood (check condenser), vs under the dash (possible expansion valve or fan blower motor)
Sponsored

Gianluk

First Name
Gianluca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic my2019
Country flag
My honda dealer says it depends from an A/C tube and they will order the replacement.
I hope they will solve the problem in some weeks.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
You've got a leak in the system, and the refrigerant is low. Mine had the same sound and they replaced the condenser and sound is gone and AC is the same temperature on both sides now.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
You've got a leak in the system, and the refrigerant is low. Mine had the same sound and they replaced the condenser and sound is gone and AC is the same temperature on both sides now.
Exactly what happened to me. Noise, then only one side, then no cold air at all. Honda replacing the condenser this Tuesday.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I posted this elsewhere dunno if you saw it boss :

“UPDATE: The Vehicle Safety Defect Investigation is now open! If you own a vehicle that has a safety defect you believe should be covered by the warranty and it’s not, submit your information here.”

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit.../honda-class-action-alleges-civic-a-c-defect/
"According to the Honda A/C class action lawsuit, the lack of a functioning air conditioner can cause health problems that expose the driver and occupants of the vehicle to an increased risk of injury or death."

That's bullshit.

Did you actually look at that link to the lawyers' "Vehicle Safety Defect Investigation"? It has nothing to do with Honda, just regular ongoing fishing for lawsuits. But inside this link it says clearly:

What are NOT Vehicle Safety Defects?
There are also a number of vehicle defects that are not safety related. These may include the following:
  • Air conditioners that don’t work properly
  • Excessive rust in nonstructural areas
  • Oil is consumed too quickly
  • Paint or other cosmetic defects
  • Radios that don’t work properly
:rofl::rofl:

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
"According to the Honda A/C class action lawsuit, the lack of a functioning air conditioner can cause health problems that expose the driver and occupants of the vehicle to an increased risk of injury or death."

That's bullshit.

Did you actually look at that link to the lawyers' "Vehicle Safety Defect Investigation"? It has nothing to do with Honda, just regular ongoing fishing for lawsuits. But inside this link it says clearly:

What are NOT Vehicle Safety Defects?
There are also a number of vehicle defects that are not safety related. These may include the following:
  • Air conditioners that don’t work properly
  • Excessive rust in nonstructural areas
  • Oil is consumed too quickly
  • Paint or other cosmetic defects
  • Radios that don’t work properly
:rofl::rofl:
Can understand most of those not being safety issues. But when your front windshield fogs up during a rainstorm or humidity, I would rather the windshield clear up quickly rather than slowly.

Gianluk

First Name
Gianluca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic my2019
Country flag
did you guys found solutions for this? or just the dealership can fix it. Thanks
Only the dealer can fix this. My dealer is ordering the part replacement and I'm waiting for it.

EDIT: next thursday (August, 13) I'll go to the dealer for the replacement. They say there are 2 A/C tubes to replace and the noise is caused by the tube's vibration.

Last edited:

Gianluk

First Name
Gianluca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic my2019
Country flag
Important update: my dealer solved the problem replacing the A/C tube.
Details: 616156 TUBO, ASPIRAZIONE SOSTITUZIONE 1,5+616156B
All work done under warranty.
Sponsored