Does anyone else keep up with all of their car mods/installs on a Doc? *sharing mine*

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to organizing, spreadsheets, lists, etc. I started this habit with our monthly budget, savings goals, etc but branched out to include everything I do to my car on my last one. I also have a spreadsheet where most of this stuff is itemized and I also include maintenance and mod installs costs on that one. This is a simple doc that I started when I got the car as a Wish List of sorts and I ***** something after it's been purchased/installed. When I bought this car in December 2019 I "promised" myself that window tint some Summer time was ALL I was doing. Obviously that didn't hold. I'd be interested to see what some of you guys have itemized as what all you've down with your Si's.

2020 Honda Civic Si

I) Cosmetic Modifications:

*Interior & Trunk LED Blubs $40*****

*SK Performance Reverse LED Bulbs $50*****

*Xpel XR+ 35% Ceramic Window Tint $525*****

*Xpel XR+ 70% Ceramic Windshield Tint $250*****

*Chrome Delete Window Trim $250*****

*27WON Leather Shift Knob $100*****

*ProCivic Performance Grill $180*****

Total: $1395

II) Handling Modifications:

*OEM Civic Type R Chassis Brace $25*****

*Michelin PS4S Tires 235/40/ZR18 Tires $865*****

*Acuity Pedal Spacer $100*****

*27WON Front Strut Tower Bar +/- $300

*Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar $165

*OEM Accord Sway Bar End Links $25

Total: $1480 ($490 Remaining)

III) Perfomance Modifications:

*27WON CAI $395*****

*PRL Intercooler & Chargepipes $850*****

*Ktuner V2.0 with Phearable Stage 1.5 Tune $650*****

Total: $1895

Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
How's the handling of your car with those handling modifications? Would you do anything differently? Your list is my shopping list, with a couple items already purchased lol.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How's the handling of your car with those handling modifications? Would you do anything differently? Your list is my shopping list, with a couple items already purchased lol.
Michelin PS4S were my first upgrade and honestly, the biggest leap over a stock part. I ordered the Whiteline 22mm RSB tonight as it’s finally back in stock.

As for regrets....hmmmmm. Well, the power from the tune is certainly fun if I had to do without one mod, that would be it which is somewhat odd to say. Tires and tint/cosmetic stuff is what I enjoy on every drive of my commute.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
I have a docs I keep to access on my phone whenever i'm not near my note books. At home when I have time I update my notebooks to even knowing exactly knowing how many drops of gas i have used and spent since purchasing my Fk8.

The mods list.... we dont talk about $$ on that one lol

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Nah, personally I don't see the point. I don't wanna know how much I've spent on my car tbh lol. I kinda keep a mental list of my parts but as for monetary documentation, no lol

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup! I love excel and keeping track of a lot of my expenses while also planning for my future, I have a car tab implemented in my finances excel sheet to help me keep track of how much I'd be able to spend on my car without going too overboard. In the case I sell my car later down the line I also keep a tab of any problems I've run into and how they were resolved, keep track of maintenance logs and also past/present/future mods.

I just like being organized and keeping track :headbang::headbang::headbang:

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Yea i make an excel file for every car.
Has parts, mileage installed, date and price.

Helps me know when something was put on and where i got it.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, in case anyone else is interested in the formatting, this is Excel file for my other half’s Jetta. We’re tracking down the paper docs for the cost of the maintenance done under the previous owner.

Attachments

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I've got a binder where I've kept every receipt, but def not keeping a list. I did this on my 240 drift car....and when it hit's 50k+....it gets depressing lmao.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, in case anyone else is interested in the formatting, this is Excel file for my other half’s Jetta. We’re tracking down the cost of
I've got a binder where I've kept every receipt, but def not keeping a list. I did this on my 240 drift car....and when it hit's 50k+....it gets depressing lmao.
I can imagine! It is sobering when you think “meh, I haven’t done much to this car” and you add the numbers up and you’re over $5k in less than a year.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Also, in case anyone else is interested in the formatting, this is Excel file for my other half’s Jetta. We’re tracking down the cost of

I can imagine! It is sobering when you think “meh, I haven’t done much to this car” and you add the numbers up and you’re over $5k in less than a year.
It goes quick.... I crossed a grand in less than a week of owning........ lol. #Whoops.
Tint, exhaust, LEDs, Type R shifter and brace, acuity bushings and mounts, horn harness, oem trunk floormats, seat covers, billetworkz shift knob....

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
There is also an added expense when you don't turn your own wrench!

Often time, Labor rate cost more than most simple part!

Last edited: