Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?
Sponsored

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?
I hope not. At least, if they modify and squeeze 230-240 HP out of the current 1.5T we won't have any more easy modding for power.

Maybe if they give us a detuned 2.0T or a new engine in between at 1.7 or 1.8T.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
11th gen won’t happen for like 6 years

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
11th gen will be about 3 years away

TOMMY B

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
219 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hummm, Why would you not just Buy Type-R if you want more power under the hood of a Civic ? Most Honda Civic's have always been Sporty, Not high performance sports cars.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Hummm, Why would you not just Buy Type-R if you want more power under the hood of a Civic ? Most Honda Civic's have always been Sporty, Not high performance sports cars.
the type R is ugly to me, and expensive. i wasnt complaining about the sis power either. i am still satisfied with my si even after owning it for almost a year.

i was simply making a prediction that honda is going to give the 11th gen si a lot more power.

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
240hp, the s2000 was doing that almost 20 years ago. I don’t think they will give it more. if they were thinking about it, they would have done so with the turbo engine. I’d be much happier having more rpm. My 427 revs higher than my 91.5ci 4 cylinder lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

I don't know. Seems to me the current gen Si is a nicely balanced ride which skews a bit more towards handling than all out power. Adding a tune is an easy "fix" for more power IMO.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What changes would you like to see for the next generation?

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I am okay with 210-215hp, but that is if they add 100lbs to the overall weight. I don't see them putting in a detuned Accord engine into the SI for under $28k. Might compete with the Golf GTI, but really that is the only car that is beating the SI, but the SI beats it by a couple $1000. Now that the Focus ST is gone, the 205hp 10th gen SI is probably the best performance FWD car for under $25k.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I've never seen so many people wanting what's next until I got to this forum. Jesus christ people, enjoy what you have.

Trading a relatively new car for the next one is such a bad financial move. You're always going to be trading up if that's how you feel. So many people on here are always whining about what if something better comes out! Something better is always coming out. That's how progression works. Drive your car and stop worrying about what's coming next or what the next guy has ffs.

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm more interested in the STI revamp. I think for the money, this car is perfect. If Subaru puts out a new STI in 2020 with 350hp+, it will live alongside my SI.

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I've never seen so many people wanting what's next until I got to this forum. Jesus christ people, enjoy what you have.

Trading a relatively new car for the next one is such a bad financial move. You're always going to be trading up if that's how you feel. So many people on here are always whining about what if something better comes out! Something better is always coming out. That's how progression works. Drive your car and stop worrying about what's coming next or what the next guy has ffs.
I lease my car hahah so the next thing is only 3 years away.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag