Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
again i like, i mean love my si.
230-240hp would be nice "stock" - but that would probably increase the torque and they'd have to put in a more durable clutch since ours seems like it can barely handle the stock torque numbers lol.

The SI has never made more than 200hp or what do we have..205hp? I just dont see them doing it.

Oh and tires.. The stock all seasons are not bad in the dry but if the road is damp or wet I cant even pull away from a light at 1/2 throttle without spinning through 1st and 2nd. I would have replaced these tires already if I wasnt on a lease. There is no reason to put money in to a car that I am sure I will trade in at the end of the lease. I would want to see better stock tires if they added power.
i got the optional goodyear f1 summer tires with my si and it handles amazing with them. yes there are better more expensive tires out there, but compared to the stock goodyear a/s, the f1s put them to shame.
Sponsored

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
again i like, i mean love my si.

i got the optional goodyear f1 summer tires with my si and it handles amazing with them. yes there are better more expensive tires out there, but compared to the stock goodyear a/s, the f1s put them to shame.
When I get my Si, I'll probably purchase a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's and run those in the summer month and keep the stock all seasons for winter. The 4s's are awesome, friend of mine has them on his Audi S3.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remember that Honda has always been the ones making great HP out of small displacement engines. The D16a6 EF Si had only 108 HP not much over the other models and it jumped to a decent 125hp with the D16Z6 EG Si. Look into the past gents because Honda has pretty much has stayed the same. They may up the HP more little by little, but the Si has remained the same as in a sportier Civic that is a great platform to start with for tuners and already a well balanced car out the box. A good nick name would be "poor mans Type R" lol.

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
umm, thats subjective. my old ass 80 yr old grandma thinks her 2010 fit has enough power to drive around in.
I've autocrossed in a Fit. It's plenty quick. Not FTD quick, but definitely not the slowest of the pack. The speed limit on the street is the same for your grandmother's Fit and your Si.

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Tbh, idc about more power, tuner flash does the job well. I want to see better build quality, better tires, and more durable paint job.

Less than a year since i have my Si, i have couple rock chip, and a scratch from my trash can blown by the wind hitting my Si and my brother's G37, the G37 doesn't get a scratch even tho the trash can hit it first.

And oh god, so many new mysterious rattle from inside the cabin.. the most notorious for me, is the one from driver side A pilar, and some from passenger side door panel. That's all what i wanted coming from 11th gen..

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My opinion is yes, but still a 1.5. I would say no more than 220 hp and 200 tq. Turbo, Tune, or cams to get it there? I only say this, because of the GTI now being more than 220 hp.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why won't they bring back the ITR?
I’m trying to figure out why Acura even exists at this point TBH, but the reason Honda thinks it exists is as a luxury brand to compete with Lexus. I don’t see an ITR fitting into their current brand “strategy” for Acura.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I’m trying to figure out why Acura even exists at this point TBH, but the reason Honda thinks it exists is as a luxury brand to compete with Lexus. I don’t see an ITR fitting into their current brand “strategy” for Acura.
They sell a bunch of SUVs and then the NSX.

I don't think there's anybody steering that ship.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
well at least acura is more recognized as a luxury brand than lincoln or buick or shit like that

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why won't they bring back the ITR?
I literally keep money set aside for the moment they release a new version of it. "25 year anniversary" edition or whatnot. We have 3 ITRs in the family, original owners, clean titles all original, and a total of 6 Integras altogether. We love them.

Mr. Woody

First Name
Woodrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious, what have our stock Si's been dynoed at? The power increase might not be there on paper but when you hit the gas you feel it.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious, what have our stock Si's been dynoed at? The power increase might not be there on paper but when you hit the gas you feel it.
I believe it was 182BHP.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+22 torque vs. the 9th Gen by Honda’s numbers, bit more than that by most dynos. And coming on much earlier. That’s what you’re feeling.

If the MK8 GTI will be around 250 hp then you’d hope Honda would bring a bit more to the stock Si. Then again, the FoST, MS3, and WRX have all been sitting north of 250 for awhile ... and the only one you can still by new is the Subaru. Maybe we should be glad the Si exists at all.