Do your windows go up and down at different speeds?

Rasfactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I know there have been previous threads about the civicx power windows and how they can be a little buggy, with temporary power loss or straight up just not working. But with previous Honda's I've owned, the windows have all gone up and down at the same speed, but in my Touring, the windows go up and down at different speeds. Such as, the driver's side window rolling up faster than the passenger side, and the back ones are in another category all together. I was wondering if this is normal with all civicx's or what others have been experiencing.

Note: Last week, I was at the dealer performing the latest update to tame my touring's engine surging, and I asked them to check out the windows. They oiled them up and said they look just fine. But still wanted to get a second opinion from the community.
Sponsored

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
I haven't noticed any differences in speed, but I'll certainly pay attention next time, if it ever stops raining here.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have occasionally. The front passenger will be slower than the front driver. Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

JNK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
So I know there have been previous threads about the civicx power windows and how they can be a little buggy, with temporary power loss or straight up just not working. But with previous Honda's I've owned, the windows have all gone up and down at the same speed, but in my Touring, the windows go up and down at different speeds. Such as, the driver's side window rolling up faster than the passenger side, and the back ones are in another category all together. I was wondering if this is normal with all civicx's or what others have been experiencing.

Note: Last week, I was at the dealer performing the latest update to tame my touring's engine surging, and I asked them to check out the windows. They oiled them up and said they look just fine. But still wanted to get a second opinion from the community.
The other threads on this indicated the windows were under-lubricated from the factory on some cars. I would imagine this could cause that issue. I did notice my passenger side is slightly slower than the driver side but I'm also not using the windows too much so don't care enough to make a special trip for it. I will likely ask them to re-lube when I take it in for the first maintenance.

OP
OP

Rasfactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks for the feed back, good to know that the windows operate like this on other civicx's as well.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I had that issue. First they said it was lube and a day later same story. They then replaced the run-channel for free and that fixed it. 2700 km later and no problems.

OP
OP

Rasfactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks Namtil101, I specifically asked them about checking the "run channel" after seeing that part pop up on similar threads. The dealer said they didn't see an issue, of course.

It's pretty obvious some of the motors are working harder than others and seems they will eventually burn out due to tight "run-channels" or something other.

But like I posted earlier, I was relieved to hear when others were experiencing different speed windows as well, as it was not just my touring.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

This is normal for this Civic only cause apparently Honda is more concerned with quantity (production speed) than quality. The QC supervisor would be walking home talking to his lunchbox if I worked at Honda HQ.
I have the same issues.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't normal. Mine have worked fine since day 1. Built in November. All go up and down at same speed, no issues.
Sponsored