• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do you think there should also be a coupe?

Would you prefer a coupe?

• Total voters

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
While I agree that right now there isn't much market for coupes, I personally prefer them. I also feel like the Integra really got popular for its coupe version.

What do you guys think? Does the lack of a coupe kill the car for you? Do you prefer a sedan? Or do you not really care as long as you can get a new Integra?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Car
IMO more than 3 doors is too many, I would accept a liftback coupe instead of a coupe with a trunk.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
My daily commute is a 2018 SI coupe.
If there is no Integra coupe, there is no reason for me to change.

toxic_civic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 1995 BMW 318i, 1983 Porsche 944
I would love to see a coupe, but the truth of the market is that.... well the market for coupes has died in the US. same reason the Accord and Civic lost their coupe forms. Sad but highly unlikely we will see a coupe. It has been a long time since Acura themselves has offered a variety of bodies for a model. The last being the TSX sedan vs wagon I believe

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I would love to see a coupe, but the truth of the market is that.... well the market for coupes has died in the US. same reason the Accord and Civic lost their coupe forms. Sad but highly unlikely we will see a coupe. It has been a long time since Acura themselves has offered a variety of bodies for a model. The last being the TSX sedan vs wagon I believe
I put it to the same reason that Manual is losing market.

Companies put less on lots, knowing people are more likely to buy what is on the lot, not wait for an order to be delivered. So less are sold, then they use those numbers to show why they should put less on lots... because less are sold...

If you don't make it easily available, people can't easily buy it so, they won't. The numbers show a drop in sales. They don't show the REASON for that drop in sales.

Look at the new Civic Hatch. You can't get the cool colors on the top spec with manual. Only top spec with CVT. This will drive CVT sales for people that prioritize the color, or engine and refuse to drop down a trim. This will show a lower take rate on 1.5T Civic Hatchbacks with a manual. So, I won't be amazed if before the next refresh the manual hatch is killed in anything NOT an Si or Type-R.

The Genesis G70 was cool to have a manual when it came out but ONLY on the i4 Turbo, not the v6 turbo, so very few bought it. Leading to its death.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
With the NSX gone I hope they'll decide to offer a super stylish low volume coupe/3-door variant to really be the face of the brand. Despite low take rates, those types of niche models elevate brand image as being sporty and stylish, the same way the NSX provided that sport oriented image. Even if it only comes in 2 or 3 trims. I think the take rate on the coupe, while low, would be higher than it was for the civic coupe... different audience of buyers, plus the nostalgia factor.

But I'm not holding my breath it'll happen either. I feel like if there was going to be a coupe, that would be what they initially teased for the integra (they have to fully know what the purists and enthusiasts want the integra to be). I'm hoping that maybe the coupe is still happening, just a delayed/staggered release compared to the volume 5-door. The lack of a coupe won't keep me from buying an Integra (its shaping up to better than the Civic hatch IMO) but for a premium/performance brand to NOT offer at least one coupe model seems like a miss. Especially when you consider Acura's big claim to fame came from its sporty FWD coupes. And when there are plenty of RWD/AWD sport coupes still scattered across the mainstream market and luxury market that sell in low numbers, but exist to elevate brand image.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
With the NSX gone I hope they'll decide to offer a super stylish low volume coupe/3-door variant to really be the face of the brand. Despite low take rates, those types of niche models elevate brand image as being sporty and stylish, the same way the NSX provided that sport oriented image. Even if it only comes in 2 or 3 trims. I think the take rate on the coupe, while low, would be higher than it was for the civic coupe... different audience of buyers, plus the nostalgia factor.

But I'm not holding my breath it'll happen either. I feel like if there was going to be a coupe, that would be what they initially teased for the integra (they have to fully know what the purists and enthusiasts want the integra to be). I'm hoping that maybe the coupe is still happening, just a delayed/staggered release compared to the volume 5-door. The lack of a coupe won't keep me from buying an Integra (its shaping up to better than the Civic hatch IMO) but for a premium/performance brand to NOT offer at least one coupe model seems like a miss. Especially when you consider Acura's big claim to fame came from its sporty FWD coupes. And when there are plenty of RWD/AWD sport coupes still scattered across the mainstream market and luxury market that sell in low numbers, but exist to elevate brand image.
The problem is these are 2 different groups. The Integra STARTED as a 4 door. So that's the Purity, but the PERFORMANCE models were based on and mostly known for their Coupe versions (Type-R and GS-R).

That said I'd expect an Integra Coupe to fill the void left by both Civic and Accord coupes so it WOULD help sales since the only coupes in the market now are Camaro(killed off soon), Mustang, BRZ/86, Veloster(?), Miata, Supra, Q60 or Challenger. Soon the new Z. None would be REALLY cross shopped to the Integra as only 1 is FWD, one is AWD. 1 is of a luxury brand. the others are either larger or more of a track focused or performance over ride quality.

So, if you wanted FWD/AWD(assuming Type-S is AWD) its biggest competition is the Veloster and Q60. The Q60 is likely about 5-7K more to start, and the Hyundai is more of a bang for buck car than a balanced ride.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Different world today. Not having to adjust my seat for back seat passengers and my dogs is worth having the 4 doors. I can’t find any good reasons at this point in my life to want a 2 door as a commuter/daily

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Different world today. Not having to adjust my seat for back seat passengers and my dogs is worth having the 4 doors. I can’t find any good reasons at this point in my life to want a 2 door as a commuter/daily
Different for YOU. There are still lots of single people out there that barely travel with others. I've never needed more than a small coupe my whole life. Had a coupe in 2000, have a coupe now.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Different for YOU. There are still lots of single people out there that barely travel with others. I've never needed more than a small coupe my whole life. Had a coupe in 2000, have a coupe now.
Correct, I had mentioned in my life, not the general public. The overall shape of the car looks like a 2 door will come eventually and not cost too much to Acura. Sales will have to tell, I mean the civic coupe sold <6% of sales the last year of production while the hatchback rose 24%. Even when it debuted in 2016, the coupe only sold 16% of sales

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Agreed. My daily commute is a SI coupe and in the past 4 years, I can count the number of times I had people sitting in the rear seats.
I hope that there is an Integra coupe in the future. Otherwise, I will have to go back to MB, like a C-Coupe. My previous DD was CLK350 and I did plan to replace it with the C Coupe. At the end, a test drive with the SI changed my mind.

Last edited:

Jinder

First Name
Jinder
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR 19
Well, here is the thing. Two new Japanese coupes are making waves

GR86
Nissan Z

Honda really should make a 3 door coupe. This is their old school stomping grounds and they are just giving it away to their Japanese rivals.