Do you plan to keep you FK8 forever or eventually replace?

What do you plan to do with your FK8?

• Keep forever or long after it's fully paid off

Votes: 151 84.8%
  • Replace once it's fully paid off or sooner; state possible replacement(s)

Votes: 27 15.2%

• Total voters

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Just wondering the amount of people who plan on keeping their FK8s for the long run or expect to replace it someday (when it's fully paid off or sooner)? And if replacing, with what car? In my case, it kinda depends. I was initially planning to keep forever but if current trends continue (over 30k FK8s produced), it's likely that Honda will continue the Type-R trim for the next gen Civic, in which case I would likely replace my FK8 with it. I've also always wanted an M3, so that's another option too.
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Plan to keep as long as I can get into and out of it. It is already paid for.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
mines been paid off for a while already.
i do plan on keeping to for a long time since the car is very practical and can be used for things other than just driving like a sports car does.

However, if there is a car that catches my eye and i need to get rid of it to buy it, i wouldn't mind.

dohcredsol

First Name
dohcredsol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a feeling the FK8 might be the last manual Type R. I'm keeping mine forever.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m 49 so this car is a keeper, especially with the mods I’m having fun with. My oldest son will be driving within the year and my youngest will be driving in (4)...

I’ll probably live vicariously through them if new cars are in the future... plus I’ll need to upgrade my wife’s 2004 Rav4 soon *sigh*

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
This is hard to answer considering I just got the vehicle like 2 months ago. My intention is to keep as long as possible but I think life and circumstances will dictate that.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I usually trade every 5-7 years. Cars is paid for, but I know I will get bored. Something else will come along. If I really get into tracking it though...we will see.

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC60, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Will keep it, any other car might be added but nothing will replace it

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
It's hard to say, like others have said my car is paid for and I love the Swiss Army knife functionality. If there is a next Gen Type R that is amazing maybe I'd move that direction!

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
Plan to keep as long as possible. Not my DD and did not finance so it's insurance and maintenance only. I made the mistake of letting my Integras and RSX-s go so that won't happen with this one. Something else may come along down the road but it will be an addition!

HoldSteady

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR - RR, 1998 Integra GSR
Country flag
Plan to keep as long as possible. Not my DD and did not finance so it's insurance and maintenance only. I made the mistake of letting my Integras and RSX-s go so that won't happen with this one. Something else may come along down the road but it will be an addition!
I avoided financing, too - only paying insurance and maintenance is the way to go if you can manage it. I didn't make the mistake of letting my Integra GSR go, and I'm planning to keep both the Integra and CTR for as long as possible. :)

My suspicion is that any future additions to the stable will be electric - these are probably the last gasoline powered cars for me.
Sponsored