Do you Name your Civic or cars?

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Me and my best buddy do for our cars and motorcycles - but we give them tough manly ruffian names. I would probably refrain from listing those names down as my colleagues will know that this is me. :p
Are you in secret intelligence? I cant understand why you'd need anonymity on a Honda forum lol

lotuskid731

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Aegean Blue Si Coupe, ā€˜06 Ford Ranger XL
Country flag
Iā€™ve named every car (truck, and motorcycle) Iā€™ve owned. All female names, all S names (except my motorcycle, Kari). Sheila, Shannon, Izzy (whoops), Samantha, Shasta, and Sadie. Next one will fall right in line, but itā€™s not premeditated. Itā€™s whatever name ā€œsuitsā€ the car at the time. :crazy:

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Mines name is Harli. My last car (an older 05 Tahoe (dont miss that gas mileage at all)) was named Tikera, after an acquaintance lol

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I'd ask If anyone gives their car a name?
Thought it would be fun to ask if anyone was like me?
If so what did you call your car and did you assign a gender to it.

My current FK8 CTR is Natasha and obviously a girl.
My former Si was also Natasha AKA Black Widow.
before that I had a 2015 Soul red Mazda 3 who was Kyrie a girl
and before her a 2010 Mazdaspeed3 in red She was Motoko another girl.

My typer2.jpg

IMGP0975.JPG

2010-06-16 19.33.14-1.jpg

Nice names.
After watching the movie debut in 2000 "Gone in 60 Seconds" I also named my car Natasha for my 2000 Celica
My 2019 Hatchback ST is Zelda

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We call our white orchid pearl hatch ā€˜Shiroā€™ (ē™½, ā€œShe-roā€, means ā€˜whiteā€™ in japanese). I donā€™t know if I came up with the name or my wife, but we both were thinking about car names.
Thats dope....might have to make a decal out of that :hmm::)

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you Name your Civic or cars? 20200513_032523

Her name is Harley
'00 Integra was Murphy (anything that can go wrong will go wrong)
'77 Dodge Aspen was Poison Ivy (she was dark green with a white top)

BringTheCows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX hatchback
Country flag
I've owned 2 cars so far, and still have them around with me today. They're both from their respective H branded cousins, Hyundai and Honda. A nice plot twist to the love triangle is they're 4-HP apart from each other, and benchmarking fast lap times on a public park' parking lot, I estimated that performance wise, they're about the same.

Both are FWD, the 06' is significantly heavier in the back-end. The Civic has a better all around feel when it comes to weight.

This is Lara parked next to a Honda Accord Coupe.
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you Name your Civic or cars? 20191109_050416

This is Laura. I managed to catch a gem of a photo
here with natural lighting, great prop use, and a nice
pose to look at the curves all over.
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you Name your Civic or cars? 20190906_084002

Here we have Laura and Shelby hangin' out together.
Shelby is the 28" Landyacht Battle Axe with Bear Trucks
and Abec 5 Bearings (that lasted me 5+ years).
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you Name your Civic or cars? 20190905_094002

Laura and I staring off into the Sunset together. I love
this car man. She was a great first car, bought at 30k
mileage, sadly she broke down at about 45-47k.
Previous owner used her on the highway. I'm a city
guy, so I got some fun outta her before judgement day.
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you Name your Civic or cars? 20190116_174454

In terms of modifications, I popped a Stereo into her.
Stock speakers weren't all that bad, so I didn't do much
aftermarket work on Audio even though I've planned to
do more.
------
What people don't quite understand about me and my affection towards machine is that, borrowing something from someone else isn't the same as owning it. Laura was owned. And Lara is borrowed. At some point in time she will be mine entirely but I've got a long way to go till then.

I wasn't able to bring Laura the best of joys on repairs, upgrades, etc. But what she lacked in a car guys dream, she made up for it on reliability. I drove the car in ways I don't ever regret. I won a few races against Chevy Hatchbacks, Mustangs, and Mercedes; Weaving through cars on a 2-lane road 60-80MPH on a 45 speed limit cap. Them b*-es couldn't commit to a race.

Why taunt someone and not go through with the race? Oh yeah, because you spent 50-100k on your car and don't know how to utilize it. And then you get upset when an 06 dominates you on the road so BAD that you have to nearly drive me off the road to kill me. #Florida

Thanks for reading my story guys. These 2 cars mean a lot to me. I don't know where I would be now if I didn't find Laura at 4AM on Craigslist after weeks and countless hours of not sleeping, searching through used cars from private dealers.

And a big shoutout to Lara, despite being not being a manual transmission, or a Type R, I think she stands out in her own way. That's enough road confidence.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned 2 cars so far, and still have them around with me today. They're both from their respective H branded cousins, Hyundai and Honda. A nice plot twist to the love triangle is they're 4-HP apart from each other, and benchmarking fast lap times on a public park' parking lot, I estimated that performance wise, they're about the same.

Both are FWD, the 06' is significantly heavier in the back-end. The Civic has a better all around feel when it comes to weight.

This is Lara parked next to a Honda Accord Coupe.
20191109_050416.jpg

This is Laura. I managed to catch a gem of a photo
here with natural lighting, great prop use, and a nice
pose to look at the curves all over.
20190906_084002.jpg

Here we have Laura and Shelby hangin' out together.
Shelby is the 28" Landyacht Battle Axe with Bear Trucks
and Abec 5 Bearings (that lasted me 5+ years).
20190905_094002.jpg

Laura and I staring off into the Sunset together. I love
this car man. She was a great first car, bought at 30k
mileage, sadly she broke down at about 45-47k.
Previous owner used her on the highway. I'm a city
guy, so I got some fun outta her before judgement day.
20190116_174454.jpg

In terms of modifications, I popped a Stereo into her.
Stock speakers weren't all that bad, so I didn't do much
aftermarket work on Audio even though I've planned to
do more.
------
What people don't quite understand about me and my affection towards machine is that, borrowing something from someone else isn't the same as owning it. Laura was owned. And Lara is borrowed. At some point in time she will be mine entirely but I've got a long way to go till then.

I wasn't able to bring Laura the best of joys on repairs, upgrades, etc. But what she lacked in a car guys dream, she made up for it on reliability. I drove the car in ways I don't ever regret. I won a few races against Chevy Hatchbacks, Mustangs, and Mercedes; Weaving through cars on a 2-lane road 60-80MPH on a 45 speed limit cap. Them b*-es couldn't commit to a race.

Why taunt someone and not go through with the race? Oh yeah, because you spent 50-100k on your car and don't know how to utilize it. And then you get upset when an 06 dominates you on the road so BAD that you have to nearly drive me off the road to kill me. #Florida

Thanks for reading my story guys. These 2 cars mean a lot to me. I don't know where I would be now if I didn't find Laura at 4AM on Craigslist after weeks and countless hours of not sleeping, searching through used cars from private dealers.

And a big shoutout to Lara, despite being not being a manual transmission, or a Type R, I think she stands out in her own way. That's enough road confidence.

Nice story bro. You should be a writer :) RIP Laura.
There's always that one car man....the diamond in the rough, not pretty but just does it's job, get you from point A to B

BringTheCows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX hatchback
Country flag
Nice story bro. You should be a writer :) RIP Laura.
There's always that one car man....the diamond in the rough, not pretty but just does it's job, get you from point A to B
HAH, too many grammatical errors to be a writer. The love to write isn't the same when you're forced to come up with ideas rather than jumping onto a wagon like this freshly created thread and pouring out your soul into it.

Thanks for kind remarks.

RIP Laura indeed. She sits on the garage collecting dust. When I make enough money to help my parents move out of this HOA neighborhood garbage, I want to repair her with my two hands and a lot of money that will probably lead to a lot of trial & error but I'd do anything to see her running and breathing again. So that's the future I seek.

Apart from that, I wear an old chain my mom gave to me at a young age, and slipped that through Laura's keyhole. So whenever I drive Lara, I have Laura with us at all times. If I ever die driving, I want to die with my two girls.