Do you miss breaking the rear traction around corners?

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I used to enjoy quick corners in 2nd, sliding the rear end around. This is my first front driver. Those days are gone. I'd still rather have the Type R experience overall!
Sponsored

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
I can get the ass end to swing around just fine.

OP
OP
GTWaggin'

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
How do you power slide around corners? There's no hand break, and I don't know how to get the rear end out. Maybe it becomes evident on the track?

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Not really powersliding in FWD :p

You can get (and use) lift off oversteer with a sharp lift from the power (and a quick dab on the brakes if needed) - That'll rotate you nicely ready to power out again on the front end.

If you've got some empty space to practice, you can always pair the liftoff with a scandinavian flick :)

All that being said; lift off oversteer isn't the fastest way to drive with FWD (Or the safest!) - The car will allow you to get the tail out in +R mode even with VSA on; If you really want to provoke things you can go full VSA off - But it's not actually necessary, as much as some people seem to insist VSA contstantly interferes...

OP
OP
GTWaggin'

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Thanks, lift-off oversteer was too well demonstrated on my 911! I'll be content to keep my tail in, and enjoy the grip!

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Liftoff isn't quite as bad as the pendulum effect of an RR 911 :p - With FWD, once you've had the fun with the tail sliding, just point the front and smack the go pedal and it'll pull you out nice and straight :D

Do "play carefully" though, as it can come quite unstuck, even in +R with VSA on:
Sponsored