Do you KEEP old OEM parts? Springs, Sways Bars, etc.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have no intention of putting the stock back, it's just a waste of space in my garage.

Not going to worry about trade-in value 6, 7, 10+ years from now nor had issues with dealerships where they requested the OEM parts back.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do. Mainly in case I decide to remove the parts for re-sale. I reverted my previous car (mostly) back to stock prior to selling it and was left with several thousand dollars of "play money" after selling the aftermarket parts. This is part of the reason I had a pile of aftermarket Civic parts in my garage well before my 6MT Sport hatch was delivered.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I kept my EP3's parts. They nearly became a burden when I bought the FK7 -- no dealership would want a hatch-full of old OEM parts -- but I found a buyer (already another EP3 owner himself) who was willing to take the entire stash.

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'm a pack rat. I keep everything. It's funny because I know exactly where everything is at if I needed it.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Absolutely. They add nothing to the value to the car in a sale and hold much of their value if resold, though I tend to gift/reuse.

I wrecked my first Z31 at 17 and used many parts when I got another Z31 5 years later. It felt like I was resurrecting the first car, in a way.

Years after I got rid of my RSX-S, a 19 year old kid a couple houses down the road got one. I'd pulled my injen CAI off it before I let it go and gave it to him. I'd moved 2 or 3 times w/it in a box and dug it out and gave it to him. You'd thought the guy was in renal failure I offered a kidney. I never ever throw away good car parts... someone somewhere can use them.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I do have the OEM rear turn signal bulbs just in case the led ones I put in fail

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
After swapping suspension on 10 cars and i hate clutter I always trash oem parts. Haven't regretted the practice yet, usually trade is as is. But to each his own.

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
After swapping suspension on 10 cars and i hate clutter I always trash oem parts. Haven't regretted the practice yet, usually trade is as is. But to each his own.
now what would everyone suggest as far as tunes on a car is concerned? my current car has a 93 octane performance tune but stock it runs on 87? is it not smart to trade it in with tunes still loaded?
Sponsored