Do you guys wave at or gives a thumbs up to other modded civic/type r owners?

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
when i first got my car I had a couple of people give me a thumbs up as I drove by or if they saw me at a four-way intersection. Not gonna lie it was a bit of an ego stroke and felt good. So I thought heck why don’t I do that to other type r owners or nicely modded civics. To date I’ve only had the opportunity to do it a total of one time. I was driving and about to hang a right when a cw type r came speeding up the left lane. I had enough time to roll my windows down and stick out my thumb.

There was another time a civic driver waved at me when we stopped at an intersection. He was facing the opposite direction and we were the only two cars there. I flashed my high beams at him but I think it was a case of mistaken identity cause he slowly withdrew his hand and had a puzzled look on his face. My windows are tinted pretty dark so I think he was just as confused as I was. Meh no matter.

I appreciate the gesture and like seeing the kinds of mods other owners put into their cars. It’s like sharing the love we have for our cars. Anyone else out there that does this?
Sponsored

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I just roll my windows up and pretend I don't see them.

Exactly why I stopped waving. Because of attitudes like this.

Coming from the S2000 community and a previous Sport Bike rider. We used to always give waves or Thumbs Up to other enthusiasts.

However, I've noticed lots of hate from the rest of the general Honda community. Seems like I'm always greeted with a dirty look. Or they speed off instantly

It gives me the impression they're too good to acknowledge another clean car on the road with similar taste.

Last edited:

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
This was very common when I had my Impreza; Subaru owners are very tight knit like that. When I started getting thumbs up from non-Subaru drivers in clean cars, that’s when I figured I could encourage/support owners with clean builds as well, no matter the make.

But I don’t see that being back in a Honda. I’ll still give a thumbs up or a deuce to a random STI out of habit, and pretty much anything that i think looks cool or well kept. But I ignored any jackasses that revved their engine while I was in my Impreza. That was asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
No. This encourage people to do dumb stuff or show off. Last time, some guy almost clip my car trying to catch up and give me a thumbs up.

I just roll my windows up and pretend I don't see them.
This is what virtually all the ryceklownz do in my area when I give them a thumbs up. My genuine nod or thumbs up usually gets no response (they ignore me), or I get chased down for a roll race with 15-second fartcannons. The actually fast or very clean cars are way more likely to return the props salutations.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have yet to see a 10th gen modded or a CTR anywhere around me, and I drive 40 miles everyday to work and back. I do see 10th gens more often lately, but they are usually moms and pops do their daily thing and couldn't care less. Guess I am all alone in my part of northern IL. Anyway I still try to give a wave or nod, I think it would be cool to have it like the motorcycles do.

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
I had a 2nd gen supercharged Acura TSX, and I tried to start the trend in my area (jealous of the subby crew), but it always turned out to be moms lol. We have a lot of CTR's in Ohio so it's nice to get the waves/nods/light flash. I have a CBR500R also and I love the bike community for it. :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Exactly why I stopped waving. Because of attitudes like this.

Coming from the S2000 community and a previous Sport Bike rider. We used to always give waves or Thumbs Up to other enthusiasts.

However, I've noticed lots of hate from the rest of the general Honda community. Seems like I'm always greeted with a dirty look. Or they speed off instantly

It gives me the impression they're too good to acknowledge another clean car on the road with similar taste.
I totally agree. In the S2000 community, people always gives thumbs up to other enthusiasts.
It just isn't the same in the 10th gen community. One time I ran into a CTR while driving and I stuck my hand out and the guy looked at me like :what: so I stopped doing it unless they do it.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Unfortunately, I do not live in the CTR capital of the US (SoCal), so I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting/seeing another owner.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I totally agree. In the S2000 community, people always gives thumbs up to other enthusiasts.
It just isn't the same in the 10th gen community. One time I ran into a CTR while driving and I stuck my hand out and the guy looked at me like :what: so I stopped doing it unless they do it.
Same here, only once I got a positive response from a fellow CTR owner after I honked/waved. The other times they look at me like :what: Now I only respond when others do it first.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I will always give a wave/thumbs up/peace sign to people with nice rides that I want to acknowledge. What they do doesn't matter to me, as long as they don't try to be hazardous. Motorcycling and Subaru life got me trained well to acknowledge others.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I wave to all car enthusiasts all the time regardless of them waving back.
Sponsored