Do you guys use any type of Injector cleaner?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was wondering of using injectoe cleaner would benefit our cars? What brand to use? Whats best?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I use fuel injector/system cleaner on both my personal vehicle and work truck 2008 F150 that i put 1000 miles a week on. (It has 241,000 miles on it). I use it around every oil change. You won’t notice any difference in how your new civic drives or feels when using it, but it does help prevent any build up of gunk in your fuel system and injectors.

It’s a fine line of whether it is necessary to use or not. If you plan to keep your car for a decade or more, I say use it. But if you’re just gonna trade it in for something new in 3 years, don’t even waste your money on it.

If you are putting premium 93 octane top tier fuel in your car, it’s already doing a fine job of keeping your fuel system clean. It has additives in it to prevent injectors from clogging up.

On my work truck that has 241,000 miles on it, i believe it is making a difference. The motor runs much better than it has in the past. Doesn’t keep other shit from breaking on that Ford pile of mid 2000s plastic garbage though. Glad I don’t pay for repairs.

Brands I recommend and have used are:

Techron (made by chevron)
Lucas Oil
Royal Purple is a new one i’m trying (claims to be the strongest at cleaning)

Lucas makes a small bottle of their complete fuel system cleaner that is the perfect size for our 12.4 gallon tanks. I find it to be the most convenient. Techron also has 2 sized bottles. I feel like i notice a bigger difference with the Lucas oil stuff in my work truck, but it could just be in my head.

I have no borescope evidence for how well these products work. There are youtube videos of people giving a more scientific analysis of results.

I don’t think it matters really as long as you are consistent with the usage of these products over time.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I use fuel injector/system cleaner on both my personal vehicle and work truck 2008 F150 that i put 1000 miles a week on. (It has 241,000 miles on it). I use it around every oil change. You won’t notice any difference in how your new civic drives or feels when using it, but it does help prevent any build up of gunk in your fuel system and injectors.

It’s a fine line of whether it is necessary to use or not. If you plan to keep your car for a decade or more, I say use it. But if you’re just gonna trade it in for something new in 3 years, don’t even waste your money on it.

If you are putting premium 93 octane top tier fuel in your car, it’s already doing a fine job of keeping your fuel system clean. It has additives in it to prevent injectors from clogging up.

On my work truck that has 241,000 miles on it, i believe it is making a difference. The motor runs much better than it has in the past. Doesn’t keep other shit from breaking on that Ford pile of mid 2000s plastic garbage though. Glad I don’t pay for repairs.

Brands I recommend and have used are:

Techron (made by chevron)
Lucas Oil
Royal Purple is a new one i’m trying (claims to be the strongest at cleaning)

Lucas makes a small bottle of their complete fuel system cleaner that is the perfect size for our 12.4 gallon tanks. I find it to be the most convenient. Techron also has 2 sized bottles. I feel like i notice a bigger difference with the Lucas oil stuff in my work truck, but it could just be in my head.

I have no borescope evidence for how well these products work. There are youtube videos of people giving a more scientific analysis of results.

I don’t think it matters really as long as you are consistent with the usage of these products over time.
Fot the Techron there
Should I Get

The Injector Cleaner?
Or
The fuel System Cleaner?thata the one it comes in 2 sizes bottle

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Fot the Techron there
Should I Get

The Injector Cleaner?
Or
The fuel System Cleaner?thata the one it comes in 2 sizes bottle
Fuel system cleaner is what i’ve always used. I figure the system cleaner has more benefits.

I’m not sure if just the injector cleaner is more effective at just cleaning out the injectors.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fuel system cleaner is what i’ve always used. I figure the system cleaner has more benefits.

I’m not sure if just the injector cleaner is more effective at just cleaning out the injectors.
Thanks Bro

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The thing to remember is ALL gas (at least here in the USA) is mandated (since the mid 90's) to have a detergent package to help keep the fuel system clean, the bigger brands go with a higher then minimum EPA requirement detergent package, so for the large part unless you just buy crap gas from mom and pop stores you likely won't see much of an advantage from fuel system additives and even if you do see an advantage you will never earn back the cost of the product, while they do do something they are borderline "snake oil" in that they are for the most part (see below) worthless.

I feel like i notice a bigger difference with the Lucas oil stuff in my work truck, but it could just be in my head.
It's not, I've used a half dozen different fuel system cleaners over the years on different cars, the Lucas small bottle where you dump he whole thing in in 1 tank (NOT the big bottle, where you put a little bit with every fill up) is the only one where I saw a distinct change in fuel economy, the problem is even on a fuel hungry SUV the percentage difference and how long it lasts for before you gotta do it again to maintain the higher economy, it just never pays for itself.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I alway use Duralube Fuel Claener on my cars. I did not use yet on our 2016 and 2018 Civic.
I never had problem with injectors with over 100,000 miles

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you guys use any type of Injector cleaner? Capture d’écran 2019-12-08 à 07.01.24

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I was wondering of using injectoe cleaner would benefit our cars? What brand to use? Whats best?
Liquid Molly just came out with a product called DiJectron for direct injected vehicles. They have a very good reputation making automotive fluids. That's what I've been using. If you don't want that option 104+ injector cleaner is another that claims to help Direct injection vehicles. I'm the end you want a cleaner with high PEA Levels. Gumout Regaine is another with supposedly high levels. Hope that helps.
Sponsored