ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone. I've been debating on whether or not to remove the mud guards that come on our cars. What do y'all think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you guys remove the mud guards? 20200328_162048
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’m personally not a fan of mud guards although they do serve a good purpose in some instances. Especially, with a sticky tire set up and a flush wheel, but if I were too I’d get them color matched to the car at least (the portion that runs with the paint on the car

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
Hey everyone. I've been debating on whether or not to remove the mud guards that come on our cars. What do y'all think?

20200328_162048.jpg
If you end up removing them, I'll pay shipping for you to send me the rear ones if you don't need them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I think they look good and are functional too. A win-win IMO, but they easily unscrew if you don't like them. Remember, it's your car, so your opinion is what matters, not mine. :cool:

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2020 civic si sedan and installed them myself (easy). I only had 300 miles on my car before install and already had 2 chips in the front doors. So these are a must-have. You have to make a hole for one of the screws on the back bumper inside the fender well so you would have a hole left if you remove guards. I'm ocd so that would bother me. The front ones are just 3 screws so that's easily reversible.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
If you enjoy driving on back roads, the loose grit on those roads will sandblast the sides of your car. 'been there, done that'. I installed the OEM guards on my white coupe. I think they look good, but I'm a function over form sort of guy.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I have a 2020 civic si sedan and installed them myself (easy). I only had 300 miles on my car before install and already had 2 chips in the front doors. So these are a must-have. You have to make a hole for one of the screws on the back bumper inside the fender well so you would have a hole left if you remove guards. I'm ocd so that would bother me. The front ones are just 3 screws so that's easily reversible.
Are all the screws screw into plastic or some into metal? I contemplating removing (or re-doing) any ones that screws into metal because I'm afraid the dealer might not have done a proper job in rust proofing the metal screw holes.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Are all the screws screw into plastic or some into metal? I contemplating removing (or re-doing) any ones that screws into metal because I'm afraid the dealer might not have done a proper job in rust proofing the metal screw holes.
If I recall correctly, the guards use a mix of threaded fasteners and polymer push pins. The front guard threaded fasteners all screw into existing threaded holes, and the rears come with a pinch nut that reinforces the plastic "tab" of the rear fascia and provides threads for the screw to bite into. The pinch nut looked to be geomet-coated or plated, and all the threaded fasteners were phosphate and oil coated. I would not worry about them rusting.

OP
OP
ericc191

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Damn, guys thank you for all the opinions. I'm really glad I asked before just doing it. I had no idea I could get paint chips that easily without them.

And, yes, it would really bother me having another hole on my car..

(dealer front license plate - still debating on bumperplugs.com or trying the Bondo and touch-up paint method)
Sponsored