Do you guys get revved on alot to race?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Never really had a problem in my si coupe...occasionally I'd have a GTI do a highway flyby but not much else. Now, in the type r I get way more attention than I want but I expected that and it's something that I have to get used to I suppose.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
had some idiot recently in a brand new corvette rev on me and peel out on 91 fwy, was wondering if this guy realized i have n/a stock 4 banger making an incredible 158 hp to the crank lx and hes in like a $80k car? seems like everyone is intimidated for some reason on the 10 gen which is cool i guess

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Daly City, residential town south of San Francisco and I tell you, it never fails. Always some young guy revving and wanting to race at a street where there's a stop light at every block. I just don't understand it.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
only a few times... mainly my brother in his new 2018 BMW X5 ($80,000 OTD) and I wax him every single time. (Go ahead check the spec's and note that I am on Ktuner). I have had a few people try to play around and I'm pretty sure they are left pretty confused when I pull on them.

At the track I made 5 passes and beat a 2010 mustang GT (3V 4.6 14.4e.t ), 2014 Sierra RCSB 5.3L (14.9et), 2017 Civic Si Sedan (Vit Stage 1..14.55et) and Coupe (Stock..15.1et). Lost to a 2016 Camaro SS (12.6et)...by alot!!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Never. Maybe because like another poster, I've got more salt than pepper in my hair/goatee and due to that I'm probably not the target audience.

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t get revved at at lights, but people in hatches and older Si’s try to “play” on the freeway quite often. Had this hatch blow by me, then slow down and blow by me again like 5 times once. I was already going 85. Don’t really want any of that tbh

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get revved at pretty frequently. It's usually older cars that are the culprit. someone in a 06ish nissan maxima decided to try to blast past me on a straight road after I didn't engage.. he ended up having to pull over 'cause something blew up.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
On my way back from a mini trip. I had a Nissan Altima and a BRZ/FR-S try to race me. I let them go ahead but somehow always kept catching up. Decided to finally have some fun after almost an hour of this. Left them both behind on a curve. Didn't see them for the rest of my trip.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The drought is over.

I had a guy in a new NSX want to race me... as there's one sitting in front of a closed KMart parking lot amongst a while bunch of other cars for one of those temporary car lots. After I just smiled and mouthed, are you serious? GTFO of here'. He shot ahead, burning out in the 45 mph zone in town and got beside another car in front of me... a 6 banger Dodge Challenger. When that guy didn't bite, he did a U'ey and went back to ex-Kmart, as I saw it still sitting there when I got back.

Good times. I think I could have taken him... had I gotten him to get out of the car and he was on foot.

The wife says she gets people trying to mess around a lot... but that's my first 'someone wanting to race me' experience in the Civic. And a NSX to boot.

(...and if anyone in the Jax area wants a Burgundy-ish NSX, there's one in front of the closed KMart in Kingsland. Only abuse I know of it's seen is racing down a 45 mph zone).
Sponsored