Do you guys flash back to factory from your tune before you take your civic in for service?

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Can they tell if you don’t? Is it easy for them to find if you tuned?
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I would definitely flash back to stock and remove anything that might give you trouble. It may not be an issue, but reality knows that dealers will get out of warranty work and try to charge you more/longer labor or parts if you've got aftermarket stuff on there. As far as tunes go, no one has concrete proof from Honda that they can tell you've been tuned. You can search tons of threads on that subject already. Dealer will not touch my car unless it's absolutely necessary and covered under warranty. I will do the work myself or have one of my trusted mechanics do that work instead if it's coming out of my pocket. In my experience, dealers are often too incompetent to do the work properly and not cause other issues or headaches.

2018Si_NY

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Lol... imo. Probably not I’ve heard they can see amount of times reflashed as far as I’m concerned if you’re flashing your warranty is going to be turned over the second you have a problem and they see you flashed it 25 times over the course of the year when you brought it to them every time i dont know my two cents

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They can see it's been flashed but only the ECU manufacturer can see what's been done to the ECU from what we've read. The stories are that you will not throw readiness if you blew your motor on a tune and then reflashed it before you tried to take it in for warranty which is a major red flag for any service department. Why else would you not have readiness set in the ECU unless your battery magically went dead when your motor blew?

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
don't worry about it,

the evidence is already there no matter what you do,

once your fingerprints are on it, there is no way to scrub them off,
Pay to play!!!! Leaving it tuned and V2 easily visible when mine goes in, cant really hide the downpipe either. I do the basic maintenance myself.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Unless your tune absolutely did the damage then yeah youre probably screwed for that to be covered but for example if your ac compressor imploded then I wouldn't worry about it if its under warranty no way a tune caused that unless the dealer is being stubborn and refuse because of the tune another dealer would definitely take the work if honda is fronting the bill

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
Nope. If I'm just getting my oil changed or some other maintenance, then there's no reason for them to look at my ecu. It's a waste of time which is a waste of money for them.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
it doesn't matter what service your having done, they plug every car in to check for fault codes, it takes 2 mins, if there are fault codes, that is possibly more work for them,

they will see what version the software is, and the date it was installed,

if your car wasn't at a honda dealer on that day, they know somethings up,

even mechanics can add 2+2
A lube tech will not plug in to check for codes unless there is a solid ass reason they are checking codes they will not pull codes for an oil change. Or if they do they’re fishing for a problem and hoping something grabs but a dealer will not go fishing unless you came in for a real problem

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I flash back to stock. Not a risk I'm willing to take, have done enough research to feel comfortable that they can't really tell as long as it's not causing any problems.
Sponsored