Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

JaimeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I took my Type R in for it's first oil change at a dealership and the techs started taking pictures of it before they pulled it back to the bays. They said they'd never had one there before. Luckily I live in the sticks so it's not too bad. I do get lots of compliments.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
it's fine, I get tossed a bunch of peace signs and thumbs up. I don't have too many issues with people tailing, they tend to back off a bit because I have the flashing brake lights. I did get mean mugged by a guy in an older honda yesterday (couldn't pinpoint what year). I looked over and he just had this death glare-esque expression on his face. :dunno: aside from that it's relatively positive.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I love the good and the bad it all amuses me. And if someone wants to try and follow my line through a turn or curve and realize the limitations of their car - so be it.

:)

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve had four different people ask me what I paid. Msrp is a simple google search so I just tell them in the 30’s. But I do feel a little off when they ask.

CW_CTR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 RDX, 2007 Accord
Country flag
I've had a couple thumbs up from guys in full size Transits and one EG rev from oncoming traffic. It's more anonymous than I expected and I'm happy about that.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I've only had mine for about a month, but I've already had more people comment on it (approvingly, in each case :)) than I ever had comment on my previous car, which was a lot more expensive and from a luxury brand. Those are a dime a dozen, even where I live (though the vast majority are leased and most are fairly low-spec models). The Type R though still stands out and you definitely don't see yourself coming and going every day.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel like there are a couple distinct types of attention. I enjoy the open mouth stares, the thumbs ups, the nods from people in other honest to goodness drivers cars.

I can't stand the attempted ricer flybys the ass riding from every gti with a wrap, getting revved and tailgated or swerved at by every dumb cunt in a 392 scatpack who thinks he's hot shit.

At the gas station the other day an older gentleman approached me and asked if he could get a pic because his son loves the classic tuner scene, and I took a pic with him in the driver seat, that's good attention.

People going apeshit with something to prove because they wanna drag race a type R, are insufferable. And frankly they probably are going to get shamed and slink off in embarassment if they attempt to follow one down an exit ramp or backroad.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
I randomly get compliments on the car from time to time. I just say thanks and move along lol.

In some weird occasions, I do find people that want to race/rev at me. Sometimes it happens when i'm speeding up a bit to pass someone and go back to normal speeds. Sometimes it happens when I'm just cruising at like 70-75mph on the freeway with lots of space and not even in the fast lane.

The worst was when I was cruising on the freeway driving back home, this Si pulled up next to me in the fast lane, matched my speed, and started revving his car at me. Then this person proceeded to keep doing this for a mile or so. I just kept on ignoring him and continued cruising at 70-75.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel like the universal "go away" should be a nod and a thumbs up, like bro leave me alone I see you, but I just ate Jersey mikes and had a nut I'm not trying to death race you.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
People are funny and not always ha-ha funny. The idiots that want to race are fools. The folks who do not know what the R is and then try to cut you off at a merge get a surprize. Early in ownership a young man who saw the car looked like he was having a medical episode or needed a bathroom break badly was the funnest. Most acknowledgement comes from younger people who know what the car is and since I am old enough to be their grandfather all have been respectful.
Sponsored