Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

Cardinal

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
My last two Civics have gotten positive comments from all age groups. Both basically stock. A 2014 WOP EXL sedan with the only mods being red emblems. Carwash employees said it was the most beautiful Civic they ever saw . My 2018 black pearl Hatchback Sport Touring gets at least one positive comment every day. No badmouthing yet. I tend to stay 5-10 miles over speed limit and other sporty cars, and especially Hondaā€™s love blowing past me. I just smile. Just today, one of my Honda techs admired my car at the dealership, just before he told me the nail in my Conti tire went in the tread and out the sidewall.
New tire ordered. $200.00 down the drain.
Sponsored

JaimeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Truth! Guy I work with traded his Focus RS for a truck because people kept flipping him off while he's driving minding his own business. Guess I'll count my blessings, that hasn't happened yet. Instead every RSX/Integra/Civic IX I see mean mugs me though.
I took my Type R in for it's first oil change at a dealership and the techs started taking pictures. They said they'd never had one there before. Luckily I live in the sticks so it's not too bad. I do get lots of compliments.

OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
Florida is that. Good ol boy truck country mentality if youā€™re not driving a 4x4 diesel dullie most likely a dodge youā€™re a idiot in their little mind o_O
Hey, I drive a 4x4 Laramie Ram diesel...nice truck...I also drive a Honda Civic Si...I admire all cars that catch my eye, regardless of brand...:drive::thumbsup:

That said, Try being a geezer driving your 2019 white pearl Si Coupe, with a Tire Rack sticker across the upper front windshield, and SCCA stickers on the rear windows, Hypergrahm wheels with 255 40 17's, and other subtle clues the car is more than a transportation appliance. I recently exited my favorite DFW area Whataburger restaurant after a nice breakfast biscuit san, and being approached by a young lady who looked to be in her mid 20's or so, accompanied by another lady who may have been her mother, also headed to their CRV parked next to my Civic.."Oh, are you driving your grandson's car today?" My response was "What, this old wreck?" She giggled and said "No, my mom and I saw it sitting next to our car and had remarked that it was a good looking car. Just surprised to see an older gentleman driving it." I laughed, and explained it was mine, and even at my advanced age I still participated in Sports Car Club of America activities, doing track days and autocross events. They both laughed and the young lady said, "that's awesome. How long have you been doing that?" 35 years was my response, and over 25 years drag racing before that. The mother reluctantly asked me, "well how old are you? I just assumed you were in your 60's, but you don't look old enough to have been driving for over 60 years." I chuckled a bit and thanked her and told her I was born on the Ides of March in 1943...The mom exclaimed, "March 15th! That is really cool that you can still do what you love to do at 76 plus years! I hope you enjoy it for many more!" I sheepishly thanked them both as I entered the Si. I read a text prior to firing up the burbling exhaust, as they backed out of their space, both waving like I was their best friend...Kinda made my day...:yes:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Hey, I drive a 4x4 Laramie Ram diesel...nice truck...I also drive a Honda Civic Si...I admire all cars that catch my eye, regardless of brand...:drive::thumbsup:

That said, Try being a geezer driving your 2019 white pearl Si Coupe, with a Tire Rack sticker across the upper front windshield, and SCCA stickers on the rear windows, Hypergrahm wheels with 255 40 17's, and other subtle clues the car is more than a transportation appliance. I recently exited my favorite DFW area Whataburger restaurant after a nice breakfast biscuit san, and being approached by a young lady who looked to be in her mid 20's or so, accompanied by another lady who may have been her mother, also headed to their CRV parked next to my Civic.."Oh, are you driving your grandson's car today?" My response was "What, this old wreck?" She giggled and said "No, my mom and I saw it sitting next to our car and had remarked that it was a good looking car. Just surprised to see an older gentleman driving it." I laughed, and explained it was mine, and even at my advanced age I still participated in Sports Car Club of America activities, doing track days and autocross events. They both laughed and the young lady said, "that's awesome. How long have you been doing that?" 35 years was my response, and over 25 years drag racing before that. The mother reluctantly asked me, "well how old are you? I just assumed you were in your 60's, but you don't look old enough to have been driving for over 60 years." I chuckled a bit and thanked her and told her I was born on the Ides of March in 1943...The mom exclaimed, "March 15th! That is really cool that you can still do what you love to do at 76 plus years! I hope you enjoy it for many more!" I sheepishly thanked them both as I entered the Si. I read a text prior to firing up the burbling exhaust, as they backed out of their space, both waving like I was their best friend...Kinda made my day...:yes:
Not saying everyone that drive a truck is bad some need them for their business Iā€™ve driven 20ā€™ box truck (had cdl didnā€™t renew it) but some that has to spend 60k plus for a big 4x4 pickup to go to McDonaldā€™s for their senior coffee those are the ones a soon as they see a Japanese car they have to run you off the road and throw stuff at you. I lived in New York for 46 years and drove for 30 plus it was crowded and a lot of traffic and I hated the taxes and construction and weather but Iā€™ve never gotten run off the road or something thrown at. Iā€™ve asked some of these guys why did you buy a 4x4 in Florida I get a blank look.
Btw when I see a SI itā€™s usually a older gentleman driving it (mostly a sedan)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Hey, stay young at heart, if not in spirit

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why sad face itā€™s a SI :)
Mostly joking. I mean, not about getting no attention. I could see if you drove a Tonic Yellow coupe (or even just with the coupe wing generally). The sedan is pretty subdued in the styling, which is generally fine with me. I do have the red HFP lip and lowering springs, but even still. It is kind of a bummer at Cars and Coffee I've got to say.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
People stare and take pictures of my 2019 Coupe Red Si. I don't know if they do it because they like the car or because they want to report to the cops for speeding :dunno: lol. My first compliment was by a little kid walking by with his mom, that made really happy :yes:, I would've taken him for a ride but they were running late to their movie.

If I get some attention with my Si I bet people with Type R's are getting a lot of it.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Mostly joking. I mean, not about getting no attention. I could see if you drove a Tonic Yellow coupe (or even just with the coupe wing generally). The sedan is pretty subdued in the styling, which is generally fine with me. I do have the red HFP lip and lowering springs, but even still. It is kind of a bummer at Cars and Coffee I've got to say.
I get enough attention in my Si Sedan (Lunar Silver). Like I said earlier, Ive had an older couple take pictures of it. Once had a 2014-2015 orange Si pull up next to me with a big grin and give me a thumbs up. Had a guy stop me at a gated checkpoint and ask me about it. Had a few "nice Civic"/"is that a Civic?"comments. Had a guy doing my smog test once tell me how nice my car was..just a few examples. No cosmetic mods either.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Iā€™m a coupe fan but I have to say the 10th gen sedan is good looking unlike the earlier gen sedans which looked econo looking Honda nailed it with all three designs of the 10th gen civics in my opinion

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag

Wooo! Ides of March for the win!! Everyone looks at me funny when I reply that when they ask my birthday.

MightyMyte

First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I was in my office today when some guy in a truck pulled into the parking lot, got out, walked in front of my car into the grass and took pics of my car (no license plate on the front). Usually I'm flattered when people take pictures but that's a little extra, I'm creeped out. Has anyone else had something like this happen?
Hey, these people are complimenting your fine choice in automobiles! When people see my car they are impressed (ā€˜17 Si, black w/ tinted windows and the 6speed) then they see a granny driving it (me) and the jaws drop! I donā€™t know whatā€™s more fun, driving my car or shocking people in it! Lol

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Mostly positive
  • Couple of quick compliments when fueling up, at parking lots, head turns from people along the sidewalk, etc
  • Couple of waves / thumbs up with other Sport / Touring Hatchbacks, or Sedan/Coupe Si's
  • The smile + head nod when a Championship White Type-R pulled up beside me at an intersection
  • A black (stock) Touring Hatchback parked across from me at a underground parking lot; we were both walking to our cars. He pull off first, but did a loop around mine to get a look
  • Lower level trim white Coupe slowly pulled ahead of me in traffic to get a few quick glances before parting off (the GF in the passenger seat actually just stared out the window haha)
  • C63 AMG in the lane next to me at a stop light, revving and blasting ahead of me, just to stop at another stop light ~50 ft away
  • Couple of 2015+ Mustangs tailgating, then changing lanes, downshift a gear or two, and blasting ahead
Sponsored

Last edited: