Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I was minding my own business in the r sitting at a red light. A dude in an older Ford explorer (mint green explorer mind you) a few cars in front in the right lane called me a fag as I drove by. It didn't really bother me since I wasn't in the older mint green explorer lol. The envy hate is real.
Florida, makes sense.
Sponsored

HoldTheRice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm used to it at this point.

I remember within the first month of getting the car, I was on the highway BONE STOCK (I still am besides some exterior crap) and some middle aged dude in a 370z pulls up then proceeds to floor it and speed away. lel.

Surprisingly, I get more good looks than not.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get alot of mean mugs/look and keep it moving like I dont even exist or worse an aggressive driving response like a fly by from the Si community when I see one and try to get their attention, very rarely do I get a wave. Wish we were as close as the jeep community.
Can relate man, idk wish the Honda community was closer. The subie community always wave or give a peace sign.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I was minding my own business in the r sitting at a red light. A dude in an older Ford explorer (mint green explorer mind you) a few cars in front in the right lane called me a fag as I drove by. It didn't really bother me since I wasn't in the older mint green explorer lol. The envy hate is real.
That was among the colorful language this kid called me, but once I got out of the car and he immediately noticed I had about 80 pounds on him, suddenly he wasn't as critical.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I've only heard nice things, though it is a little weird when people are looking hard.

I agree with what @charleswrivers was kind of saying. This generation of Civic looks like it's living well beyond it price.

I'm a big waver to folks in (any year) Si's or CTRs (Si gets the hang loose, CTR gets the thumbs up), but after riding a motorcycle for a while I realize that I can't wave at every single Civic on the road.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
I get compliments a lot on my coupe. It's a clean classy look cause it's just lowered and on nice rims. The ralley red really pops. Only thing I get tired of is people reving at me with their annoying BOV or v6/v8 straight pipes. The ford RS owners are probably the worst followed by Camaro/mustang guys.

OP
OP
dantwan1

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I get compliments a lot on my coupe. It's a clean classy look cause it's just lowered and on nice rims. The ralley red really pops. Only thing I get tired of is people reving at me with their annoying BOV or v6/v8 straight pipes. The ford RS owners are probably the worst followed by Camaro/mustang guys.
I do love how the stock RS exhaust backfires under load, it sounds sick! But I know what you mean. Also congrats on the red I really wanted one myself but they sold it the day I went to make the purchase :doh:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
At lest with the lancer I don't experience that. Looks like a rental car anyway.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I wouldn’t say I’m creeped out. Mainly because I do other cars the same way lol. I haven’t encountered any obvious haters yet. At most, I get a shocked look because I’m female. Only creepy thing was the guy who found me in the grocery store to tell me my car looked good, and asked if I was married :doh:

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
One thing that is kinda funny, in regards to folks that try to rev or speed past is how many cars that should be leaps beyond our little Si's do it. I was going about 80mph down the highway past what I think was a really slick (and pimped out a bit) Cadillac ATS-V. I heard him getting on it on an entrance ramp so I wanted to see what it was. He was only doing about 70 or so until I got a little ahead of him, then he stomped on it to hit probably 100 or so, and blew past me. Is it assumed that these expensive, legitimately fast cars know that we know what our cars are? I know full well I could never really keep up with that, though I just learned it's only a V6, it sounded mean! (I did throw it into 4th to try though!)

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
One thing that is kinda funny, in regards to folks that try to rev or speed past is how many cars that should be leaps beyond our little Si's do it. I was going about 80mph down the highway past what I think was a really slick (and pimped out a bit) Cadillac ATS-V. I heard him getting on it on an entrance ramp so I wanted to see what it was. He was only doing about 70 or so until I got a little ahead of him, then he stomped on it to hit probably 100 or so, and blew past me. Is it assumed that these expensive, legitimately fast cars know that we know what our cars are? I know full well I could never really keep up with that, though I just learned it's only a V6, it sounded mean! (I did throw it into 4th to try though!)
On the streets I dont really play with faster cars. I get the satisfaction of beating up on "faster" more expensive cars at the track. Funny when you have a rs5 (v8 450hp awd) on potenza re71 and a 1.5 civic on federals is less than a second slower. Almost as bad as having a type R on proxies r888 and being a second slower.

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you ever get creeped out by the attention? Screenshot_20190713-103834_Hotla

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
My SI sedan is mostly stock so I have the other problem... nobody cares at all, no one even looks hahaha. Even a couple guys in CTR's wouldn't look over or wave recently :(

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
My Scatpack Charger brought much more attention

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m assuming that the guys that people taking pics of their cars are in coupes. My sedan (maybe it’s the dark grey color) gets zero attention aside from “that sounds pretty good for a civic”.
Sponsored