Do you drive your Si around excessively just because you like driving it?

Do you drive excessively just because you love your Si?

• Total voters

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
I can honestly say it is FUN to drive the SI.
Out of all my cars this is definitely one of the best ones to drive.
I too like waking up to go to work and drive this little fun machine. LOL
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Ditto........I have too many other responsibilities/hobbies to be driving around just for the heck of it. To each their own though. I will however say, when I do jump in the Si, I sure as shit love it :)
+1

Back when I was single, I had few responsibilities and took plenty of long drives and would go out at night for street racing. That was my 20's and 30's. Now, in my 40's with a wife and kids - AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.

I feel grateful as I had my fun before everyone had camera phones and social media existed like it does now. Back before half of law enforcement wore body cameras and nearly all police cars were equipped with cameras, back when you could "discuss" your way out of a ticket. Back when the traction control systems on cars didn't exist, or if they did they were able to be FULLY DISABLED. Back when you could go catless by sticking a resistor in the O2 sensor.

On the other hand I'm glad to see fuel efficiency take center stage as a driving force to TURBO ALL THE THINGS! Horsepower and fuel economy are both up. Safety systems on cars are improved. Hell my wifes car is a wifi hotspot. It's a good time to be an adult, from my point of view.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

CPMG2000

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
My commute to work was 70 miles each way up until a couple of months ago (thank goodness for work from home!), the Si made this drive so much better and tolerable. Now I don't get to drive it as much, have only filled up gas one time in 2 months!! I do find any excuse to drive now, I drive my little one to school even though it is 3 streets away lol. My wife hates the car though and any time we have to go somewhere all together, she never wants to go in my car... Then she still expects me to drive her SUV wherever we go...
Wife or Si? Hmm. :)

peters239

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Country flag
I dont have SI but have a sport hatch with a proper manual gear box and now enjoy my drive back and fourth to work and take the longer twisty way home as much as i can. The first time i drove it it reminded me of my first honda a 2001 GSR. Just a little fun car that was awesome to drive. Wish i never would of sold it till now. My only gripe CDV and rev hang got to go soon so annoying.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I dont have SI but have a sport hatch with a proper manual gear box and now enjoy my drive back and fourth to work and take the longer twisty way home as much as i can. The first time i drove it it reminded me of my first honda a 2001 GSR. Just a little fun car that was awesome to drive. Wish i never would of sold it till now. My only gripe CDV and rev hang got to go soon so annoying.
thats exactly how i felt when i bought this si. it felt just like my gsr i had ober 15 years ago! that is still one of my favorite cars ive ever owned. slow as hell by todays standards though

peters239

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Country flag
thats exactly how i felt when i bought this si. it felt just like my gsr i had ober 15 years ago! that is still one of my favorite cars ive ever owned. slow as hell by todays standards though
You would think but if you look at 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times they're not to much different. I just think it feels like your not going anywhere because it didnt move till 6000rpm. Thats what I love about this new turbo car on a back road you can go pretty fast with out ringing it out with all the torque its got down low.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a side road in my neighborhood that adds an extra 4 miles/15 minutes to my commute (and about 34 extra twistys). On early days here in So Cal, I take that option every. single. time.

The chassis is definitely a bright point on this car.
Sponsored