Do you drive your Si around excessively just because you like driving it?

Do you drive excessively just because you love your Si?

• Total voters

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
do any of you guys put a ton of miles on your si just because you have fun driving it around a lot?

i find the longer i own it the more i want to drive the shit out of it. its a lot of fun driving spiritedly all the time, heel toeing on curvy roads, chirping the tires, etc.

i dont even make excuses to go anywhere i just straight up go driving for upwards of 2 hours just because. its definitely the best, well built si honda has made. i dont even miss vtec anymore.
Sponsored

Deleted member

Absolutely. I'm at 12.7k miles and still look forward to cruising on the weekends just for fun. There are some fantastic driving roads not far from home that have high speed limits, many turns, significant changes in elevation, and great views.

YoshiExcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My commute to work was 70 miles each way up until a couple of months ago (thank goodness for work from home!), the Si made this drive so much better and tolerable. Now I don't get to drive it as much, have only filled up gas one time in 2 months!! I do find any excuse to drive now, I drive my little one to school even though it is 3 streets away lol. My wife hates the car though and any time we have to go somewhere all together, she never wants to go in my car... Then she still expects me to drive her SUV wherever we go...

MrPeeck

First Name
Ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not an Si, its a Sport Hatch, but I take a longer way to work every day just so I can keep driving. Sometimes I'll drive down Sunset Blvd. just for fun. Any opportunity I can get to get behind the will, I will take.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where's the option for 'No, don't have the time'?

I find the assumption that you're either poor or cheap for not driving your car around a shitload pretty laughable.

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My commute to work was 70 miles each way up until a couple of months ago (thank goodness for work from home!), the Si made this drive so much better and tolerable. Now I don't get to drive it as much, have only filled up gas one time in 2 months!! I do find any excuse to drive now, I drive my little one to school even though it is 3 streets away lol. My wife hates the car though and any time we have to go somewhere all together, she never wants to go in my car... Then she still expects me to drive her SUV wherever we go...

Can totally relate :rofl:

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work from home and have a beater so I drive my Si when it’s nice out. That being said, I’ve had it over a year and still get excited to drive it. It is such a drivers car and I get a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
60 miles a day through DC traffic usually leaves me not wanting to spend more time in the car.

That said I often take the longer but more scenic drive home, and I have taken quite a few disc ("Frisbee") golf road trips on the weekends.

So sometimes.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I kept my 2005 civic for my wife to drive. Whenever we go out she says we can drive her car so I don't have to burn my gas. I say no I would rather drive the Si.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I had my car 6+ months and drive less than 1K a month. I do enjoy driving it though.

dhardeman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe ABM
Country flag
Where's the option for 'No, don't have the time'?

I find the assumption that you're either poor or cheap for not driving your car around a shitload pretty laughable.
Ditto........I have too many other responsibilities/hobbies to be driving around just for the heck of it. To each their own though. I will however say, when I do jump in the Si, I sure as shit love it :)

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Not really, I have put 3K miles on it in 15 months.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
First few months, yeah.

Year later: driving (any driving) tends to just become a chore and a time sink so no