Do you drive with your fogs?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depending how I feel. But the yellow fog does look great with the LEDs on the Si. Oncoming traffic shouldn’t be a problem, as the fogs direct light low and wide

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I drive with them all the time, common here in the Bay Area to see fogs on all the time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you drive with your fogs? EAD83200-D821-4C74-BE9B-E7021C0CCF91

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you drive with your fogs? 628AED4B-7A14-4376-AA4A-71A5EC8D8A14

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you drive with your fogs? 2515DE35-485B-4591-B2D4-74CB929B94EC

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you drive with your fogs? 236778A6-1A6D-46F9-A56D-A25121F50884

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I use them when driving at night on the back roads near my house.. Once I get on the highway I shut them off because they DO help on the unlit roads.

My rental while my SI is being fixed is a '18 Chevy Impala and the lights on it suck complete ass. It has projector halogens just like the SI but FML I cant see shit at night in this boat of a car.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgive the ignorant question, but does yellow light help with visibility more than white.
I find there is less glare with yellow, especially when driving in rain or snow. I just have Höen yellow halogens for my fog lights. Not super bright, but better then the off-white OEM halogens, which look really sad with OEM LED headlights when on.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I began just leaving them on when I put LED in. I turn the fog off in traffic if I don't need em and I see the amt of light being thrown on another car is redic.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's something I just read about yellow vs white fogs.

The Yellow Wavelength Fallacy
Each color in the light spectrum has a different wavelength. Air molecules scatter colors of shorter wavelengths more so than those of longer wavelengths. White light contains all colors, the argument has been made that yellow light, with a fairly long wavelength, will be less likely to be scattered. The problem with this argument is that the moisture droplets that make up fog are too large to selectively scatter different wavelengths of color. This being the case, yellow light holds no advantage over white light.
The Disadvantage of Average Yellow Lights
Almost all yellow fog lights are made of a white light bulb with a yellow filter or lens. By putting a colored lens over a white light the output is reduced by as much as 30 percent, which makes the average yellow fog light less effective than the average white fog light.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgive the ignorant question, but does yellow light help with visibility more than white.
Here's something I just read about yellow vs white fogs.
The Yellow Wavelength Fallacy
Each color in the light spectrum has a different wavelength. Air molecules scatter colors of shorter wavelengths more so than those of longer wavelengths. White light contains all colors, the argument has been made that yellow light, with a fairly long wavelength, will be less likely to be scattered. The problem with this argument is that the moisture droplets that make up fog are too large to selectively scatter different wavelengths of color. This being the case, yellow light holds no advantage over white light.
The Disadvantage of Average Yellow Lights
Almost all yellow fog lights are made of a white light bulb with a yellow filter or lens. By putting a colored lens over a white light the output is reduced by as much as 30 percent, which makes the average yellow fog light less effective than the average white fog light.

This answers your question @nouseformonkeys However, from my own exp, I prefer to use yellow during inclement weather. It pierces thru inclement weather better than white light.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I was wondering how many people drive their civics with the fog lights on as well as their normal low beams! I dont know if they are too bright for oncoming traffic or the people in front of me. Let me know so I could possibly add some style points to my car :)
I drive with mine on.

Technically a finable offence in my country but meh....

The LED lights on thier own are rather bright. Once had a car pull over and allow me to drive up front, I think he must have thought my high beams were on, and I didn't even have the fog lights on that time either.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless I'm driving somewhere its illegal to have the fogs on, I use them. I'm under the impression that they are less annoying than a yeeyee truck with it's light bar in your rearview

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Let's be real, starting your car is basically a finable offense in your country
not quite, but iv been to the US, we actually have road rules here, and a vast majority of the citizens obey them.

I think most police would pull a blind eye to the fog lights on, as lots of people do it. But fail to indicate while changing lanes... Tisk tisk that would most likely cop you a fine.