Do you do your own mods?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
In my younger days, i would pride myself in changing my own oil and wondered why anyone would pay someone else to do it. I felt good knowing that i had the skills to be able to take car of my car on my own. Now that im older with less free time, i find myself not doing my own maintenance. It does give you a feeling of accomplishment to be able to do things yourself and save money while doing it. However, doi g things yourself doesnt make you more or less of a "car guy". Do things for your own satisfaction.
Sponsored

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you have a spare car/truck id say to do your own mods. Ive replaced the clutch, which gave me the confidence to replace my own engine.With the money you save on a mechanic you invest in numerous tools & you learn a lot. even if you break parts & have to replace them, its still way cheaper. But like some one mentioned, it takes way to much time especially if you're a noob like me.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do as much as I can on the driveway to spend time with my son and it saves huge money. Feels really good too when you finish a job.

You can usually find a video walk through so the only thing that really stops me is space, tools, time, skill and confidence. Outsourced the springs because I didn’t feel like getting a compressed spring shot though my chest! Lol!!!

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I do 99% of my own work - pretty much everything but alignments since I don't have access to a rack. My first oil change on the SI was the first time I've ever had a shop change my oil.

Mods I always do myself. Especially for things where you potentially have to install/remove for inspections and warranty service, how can you stand to pay someone to repeatedly install and uninstall something like your downpipe?
Sponsored