Do y'all like underglow? ;)

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I'm under the impression the folks who do underglow give zero f*cks about what others think. I certainly don't. I love my underglow. Do you mod your car for what others think...?
I am admittedly insecure, so I don't want to be seen driving a car that most everybody is pointing at and laughing. Bone stock is perfect for me, draws no attention. Not to mention, saves the wallet too!
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am admittedly insecure, so I don't want to be seen driving a car that most everybody is pointing at laughing.
I see.... I used to be this way, but I grew out of it. See, the only people who will laugh at you are the ones who do not matter AT ALL. If people are even a little bit respectful, they will either say nothing or say "Hey man, it's not for me but you do you!" If they're not respectful, don't bother with them.

I learned not to care because what impact does anyone's opinion have on my life? None lol. Your boss cannot fire you for having a car people laugh at. Your friends may poke fun at you but they should support you at the end of the day. If your significant other laughs at it, you need to find someone else because they should support you even more than friends, regardless of whether they like it or not.

At the end of the day... do what makes you happy within the laws of where you live lol.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see.... I used to be this way, but I grew out of it.
You'll grow out of that boyish circa '00 fast n furious looking car too! I did, about 20 years ago. We all do, eventually.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll grow out of that boyish circa '00 fast n furious looking car too!
Oh I'm sure I may.... But likely not man I've loved cars like this since I was 14 and haven't even gotten my hands on any classic JDM cars yet.... so if I grow out of this, it will be a long time. I will be a kid at heart forever.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh I'm sure I may.... But likely not man I've loved cars like this since I was 14 and haven't even gotten my hands on any classic JDM cars yet.... so if I grow out of this, it will be a long time. I will be a kid at heart forever.
I am not saying you'll grow out of love with cars. But your taste will likely mature.
Right now, your taste is that of a typical teenager/early 20's type.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not saying you'll grow out of love with cars. But your taste will likely mature.
Right now, your taste is that of a typical teenager/early 20's type.
We shall see man.... we shall see. I'm not going to say for sure I won't change, but let me put it this way: I've tried to find music I like that isn't heavy metal for over 10 years with no luck. I eat the same few types of food week in and week out, and have since before I started college. My tastes don't change the way most people's do. And I hate when people tell me "oh you'll grow out of that" like they know everything about me..... Especially never meeting me.....

I met a guy at a meet last week with a RIDICULOUS s2k that he's put more than 10 years of work into. Crazy custom aero everywhere, super low, GIANT wing, underglow... Everything. guy was over 40 as well. Just because your tastes have changed does not everyone else's tastes will change.... Cheers man

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just because your tastes have changed does not everyone else's tastes will change.... Cheers man
It's not just me. It's the majority. Most people are not the same at 40 as they were at 15. You're a rare exception.

Out of the car guys I hung out with in my teens - we all loved those ridiculously over styled cars and loud stereos, loud fart cans. Now, every one of us despise that stuff. We've all naturally matured with age.

And I said you'll grow out of it because I figured you were a youngster(because you like what youngsters like). Not the first time I've been wrong. :)

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
It's not just me. It's the majority. Most people are not the same at 40 as they were at 15. You're a rare exception.

Out of the car guys I hung out with in my teens - we all loved those ridiculously over styled cars and loud stereos, loud fart cans. Now, every one of us despise that stuff. We've all naturally matured with age.

And I said you'll grow out of it because I figured you were a youngster(because you like what youngsters like). Not the first time I've been wrong. :)
"Majority", "Most", "every one of us", "all". You're only missing on-the-spot percentages.

I'm 43 and have the same passion as I did in my younger years. I still own and drive the same car I had in my early 20's. Priorities and responsibilities change, but the passion will remain the same for me.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Majority", "Most", "every one of us", "all". You're only missing on-the-spot percentages.

I'm 43 and have the same passion as I did in my younger years. I still own and drive the same car I had in my early 20's. Priorities and responsibilities change, but the passion will remain the same for me.
You're the man! err.... the boy! :thumbsup:

And fyi, it's 98.12% that grow up and get "man" cars! ?

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Ya know, even after almost thirty years (first time I saw it was in '92), I still like it. Since my car is still stock, it doesn't have enough panache to make underglow look right.

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
I'm not a fan, I do not like to attract attention, but you do you.

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
@danielcal01 @adc3132 y'all got links to what kits you got? love the underglow look in pics. not sure how i'll like it in person, but for $35 i'm more than willing to try.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@danielcal01 @adc3132 y'all got links to what kits you got? love the underglow look in pics. not sure how i'll like it in person, but for $35 i'm more than willing to try.
Absolutely! That's what we're here for man!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086MMFZPL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_Y7TNtE2hsvW7p

They send you with little clips... Just use zip ties. I didn't even use the tape because you just use the zip ties and can reposition as you go. You will have to drill into the bottom of some stuff, if you're ok with that. There's no good place to put the side ones without being in the way of jacking points. I notice you have a coupe, so I'm not sure how similar it is, but if you'd like I can show you where I ran things and get pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
hey y’all with the underglow,

how did you guys wire it up? i’d like to install a switch to be able to turn it on and off manually while also having it wired to the same 6pin i’m using for my footwell lights to come on and off with my headlights.

is there a hole somewhere between the interior and exterior of the car i can fish the wires through?
Sponsored