Do the Si's not have a fresh air feature in the climate system?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I'm getting a lot of fog on the inside of my windows, and have even had frost on the inside of the windshield.
I'm assuming there is no traditional fresh air function in our Si's, and I'm starting to link that to the fogging issue.
Am I just overlooking it, or do we not have fresh air?
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Just turn off the ac and you should be getting fresh air. Unless im missing something

OP
OP

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I've tried everything that I know of, and am getting frustered with this car.
Between the crooked hood, fogging windows, and frozen shut windows (never had this in other cars, either), I'm about to give up.
As far as frozen windows, what I mean is the driver and passenger windows will freeze and you can't roll them down.
The little wipes or whatever they are called that keep water and debris out of the door retain a lot of moisture, so they freeze up.
Never had this issue before.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Between the crooked hood, fogging windows, and frozen shut windows (never had this in other cars, either), I'm about to give up.
As far as frozen windows, what I mean is the driver and passenger windows will freeze and you can't roll them down.
The little wipes or whatever they are called that keep water and debris out of the door retain a lot of moisture, so they freeze up.
I have this issue on every car ive owned at least once during the winter. Rain then freezing temps can have this effect pretty easy. When i lived up north some days we had to poor hot water down the outside of the window just to get the locking mechanism to loosen up.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Frozen windows can and do happen to any car. It's more about environmental conditions than vehicle design. I suppose if you had frameless windows then you would have to have broken them loose just to open the door, meaning they would be significantly more likely to roll down in those conditions.

I've given in to enabling fully auto mode when my windows get foggy. It takes care of it completely without issue or my hassling with changing settings constantly.

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
My windows froze up recently. I called a friend and he said to pour lukewarm water over the problem. I did and the damn computer has never been the same !! :)

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
I have a related question, wondering if you've seen this too.

When I turn the climate to AUTO (press the AUTO knob), it tries to hit the set temperature. But I noticed sometimes AUTO sets the Recirc on, and other times it's on fresh air. I can't figure out why it's different sometimes.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
If the recirc button is off then you have fresh air. What's so complicated about this wild idea?

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I have a related question, wondering if you've seen this too.

When I turn the climate to AUTO (press the AUTO knob), it tries to hit the set temperature. But I noticed sometimes AUTO sets the Recirc on, and other times it's on fresh air. I can't figure out why it's different sometimes.
The computer has preset ideas about what it takes to heat and cool your passenger compartment. If "it" feels like that it will take a long time to heat or cool the compartment, "it" will activate "recirculate" to shorten the heating or cooling time.

Any time the "Recirc" light isn't lit, the climate system is pulling in outside air. If you just want the good ol' fashion "vent", turn off the A/C Compressor, and adjust the temp control to "Low". As long as the A/C compressor is off, the computer only has the heat available to it. By setting it to "Low" it will stop trying to add heat. On the other hand, if you set the temp to a comfortable temp, like say 65 degrees, the computer will add heat to the outside air without making it hot.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
The computer has preset ideas about what it takes to heat and cool your passenger compartment. If "it" feels like that it will take a long time to heat or cool the compartment, "it" will activate "recirculate" to shorten the heating or cooling time.
Ah weird, makes sense but just thought it was odd that the system is making that decision on its own, haha

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Ah weird, makes sense but just thought it was odd that the system is making that decision on its own, haha
The machines are taking over!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag