Do the latest Galaxy Note phones fit in the charging bay ?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone with a Galaxy Note 9 (with a moderately sized case) have any issues placing the phone into the empty bay underneath the HVAC controls? As long the phone fits in there, I'm assuming the wireless charging function will work (if the OEM accessory pad is installed).
Sponsored

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yep it'll fit. It measures 7" across. It's kinda a pain to get in and out of without clunking it around hitting the sides because of the shifter. I went with this 17$ mount that fits over the emergency lights I found on Amazon

Honda Civic 10th gen Do the latest Galaxy Note phones fit in the charging bay ? 20190629_202741

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Anyone with a Galaxy Note 9 (with a moderately sized case) have any issues placing the phone into the empty bay underneath the HVAC controls? As long the phone fits in there, I'm assuming the wireless charging function will work (if the OEM accessory pad is installed).
Yep it fits and works just fine on the oem charging pad, I have a Spifen case on my note 9.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yep it fits and works just fine on the oem charging pad, I have a Spifen case on my note 9.
You meant Spigen, right? I have the Spigen Tough Armor myself as my travel/walking around outside case and a thin Anccer case for my everyday/indoor/workday use.

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
You meant Spigen, right? I have the Spigen Tough Armor myself as my travel/walking around outside case and a thin Anccer case for my everyday/indoor/workday use.
Yes I do, damn autocorrect and it is the TG case as well.

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I wonder if the upcoming Galaxy Note 10+ (Pro) will fit. Phones are getting ridiculously large lol.
That will interest me as well as I am on Samsung's upgrade plan and will get the 10 when available.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That will interest me as well as I am on Samsung's upgrade plan and will get the 10 when available.
If the Note 9 fits, then the 10 should fit as well since the screen size is 0.1" smaller with even less bezel. The big question is whether the 10+ will fit.

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
If the Note 9 fits, then the 10 should fit as well since the screen size is 0.1" smaller with even less bezel. The big question is whether the 10+ will fit.
I did not know a 10+ note was being made, there are normally for the S series.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I have the Galaxy S10+ and it fits.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This time, there will be a Galaxy Note 10+ (formerly rumored as the Note 10 Pro) with a screen size of 6.75".
Basically 4 flavors... Note 10, Note 10 5G, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
They're diversifying the Note series into a base model (10) and a pro-sumer model(10 Pro). So the base model will be a marginal upgrade from the Note 9 (512) in terms of performance.

It's the same way people were buying the more expensive Note series for the larger screen, but don't use the S-Pen. So Samsung simply made a S+ model.

Edit! I'm using an Anker QI charger under one of those silicone mats. The Note 9 fits, but it's tight.

Also, I've been using a 90 degree USB-C for android auto. It fits in the console tray, but the phone doesn't being plugged in while sitting on a Qi charger.

If there's supposed to be a wireless setup, I'd like to know.

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
They're diversifying the Note series into a base model (10) and a pro-sumer model(10 Pro). So the base model will be a marginal upgrade from the Note 9 (512) in terms of performance.

It's the same way people were buying the more expensive Note series for the larger screen, but don't use the S-Pen. So Samsung simply made a S+ model.

Edit! I'm using an Anker QI charger under one of those silicone mats. The Note 9 fits, but it's tight.

Also, I've been using a 90 degree USB-C for android auto. It fits in the console tray, but the phone doesn't being plugged in while sitting on a Qi charger.

If there's supposed to be a wireless setup, I'd like to know.
pics or it didn't happen!