Do the heated rear seats turn off when turning off the car?

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am going to be taking ownership of a Touring model in about two weeks. Yeah!

My kids are most excited about the heated rear seats. Go figure.

Do the heated seats (front and back) turn off automatically when you shut the car off or after a certain period of time? In other words, if I turn them on, drive for awhile and then stop -- will the seat heaters need to be turned on again when we get back in the car? My fear is that they (the kids) would turn them on and then they would be on indefinitely (and unnecessarily if they are not in the car) or that I'd always have to remind them, or myself, to turn them off.

My experience with heated seats (2006 Honda Pilot) have been with more of a "mechanical on / off" switch so there was no way to have them automatically turn off. But by the looks of them in the Civic, they are more of a "push button" switch which would allow for them to turn off automatically or when the engine is shut off.

I've seen arguments about wanting them to stay on (especially in the front) but I am in the camp that hopes that they (front and back) do shut off or time out at some point.

RC
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to be taking ownership of a Touring model in about two weeks. Yeah!

My kids are most excited about the heated rear seats. Go figure.

Do the heated seats (front and back) turn off automatically when you shut the car off or after a certain period of time? In other words, if I turn them on, drive for awhile and then stop -- will the seat heaters need to be turned on again when we get back in the car? My fear is that they (the kids) would turn them on and then they would be on indefinitely (and unnecessarily if they are not in the car) or that I'd always have to remind them, or myself, to turn them off.

My experience with heated seats (2006 Honda Pilot) have been with more of a "mechanical on / off" switch so there was no way to have them automatically turn off. But by the looks of them in the Civic, they are more of a "push button" switch which would allow for them to turn off automatically or when the engine is shut off.

I've seen arguments about wanting them to stay on (especially in the front) but I am in the camp that hopes that they (front and back) do shut off or time out at some point.

RC
The front ones turn off automatically, rears don't. The rear ones are a different type of toggle switch. Go figure.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The rear seat heaters will turn off when you turn off the car. ie. they won't stay on overnight.

But as you've said, because the switches are mechanical, they'll turn back on when you start the car again, and you may not realize why your children are always writhing around in discomfort.

I think as long as you make it a habit to check, you should be fine.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rear seat heaters will turn off when you turn off the car. ie. they won't stay on overnight.

But as you've said, because the switches are mechanical, they'll turn back on when you start the car again, and you may not realize why your children are always writhing around in discomfort.

I think as long as you make it a habit to check, you should be fine.
That's what I meant lol, brain farther :banghead:

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
The rear seat switches are easily reached from the driver's side so they are easy to check. Just rock to one side (center is off) and click back once to center. I just feel the switch position and can tell if it's on or off now.
Sponsored