Do sway bars really work?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Sway bars work...

...at speeds you should never be driving on the street.

Source: Me. I changed the sways and shocks/struts on my old car and never got to really experience them unless I was racing. I think I should've spent the money on seat time and driving instruction instead.
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noticeable difference on my Sport HB with the Progress, first I've heard anyone say they felt no difference, all have said night and day difference.
I have the Type R and yes it’s amazing and can’t Honda only charged $155 CAN for it. I wouldn’t think twice paying $300-$400 for it. I never got a sway bar without lowering my vehicle, which plays an equal part.

Said it before I can’t wait to wear down my OEM tires so I can get High Performance Summers, Continental ExtremeContact DW.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t wait to wear down my OEM tires so I can get High Performance Summers, Continental ExtremeContact DW.
Those are great tires (sidewalls are a bit soft though) but they're actually HP all-seasons. Just sayin.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Those are great tires (sidewalls are a bit soft though) but they're actually HP all-seasons. Just sayin.
I'm running the Extreme Contact DWS 06 which are the hp all season version. The sidewalls are a little stiffer compared to the DWS. The DW is the summer tire. I use them all year round and they have been just fine for winter thus far.

Last edited:

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
I read the title thread. And I will help you out. Ignore all the lies every will tell you... disconnect your bars, drive it... link them up again... to put it simply. Yes. They work.

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Country flag
DW (dry wet) is their summer tire - DWS (dry wet snow) is their all season tire...
Sponsored