First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Hi guys,

Well, I was about to launch my car for the first time to check how much it was making and I got very, very disappointing results.

Currently, I have the following mods:

- TSP Stage 1 with ktuner
- K&N oiled air filter with stock intake box
- PRL intercooler
- Custom 2.5'' exhaust system.

I got 170hp to the engine and 300Nm of torque.

Honda Civic 10th gen Do not ever forget to disable Advanced VSA on dyno runs IMG_20191214_194008

Even less HP than these cars are making stock!

But the graph and data was odd.

At the time I just thought there was something wrong with the car or the tune, but outside of the dyno, the car feels awesome, and way more powerful than stock and much more refined than with the starter 21. So it didn't make any sense. I disabled the VSA completely with the pedal dance before the run and changed to the map 3 with the multimap setting on ktuner.

After talking to the guys at the club, @kytos pointed out that it might have been the AVSA option pulling back or cutting ignition and hence the weird results. WIth the nerves and that being the first time any of us ran a dyno ever since that option was implemented on ktuner I didn't realize at the moment.

Does that make sense, @KTuner?

So kids, remember to enable the main option to disable the advanced vsa before doing a dyno run.

I have never mistreated the car, no engine DTC codes ever.

I will launch again this week and see if I get good results or if THERE IS something wrong with the car after all.

EDIT: Final stats ->

235BHP and 386,86Nm
Sponsored

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
As stated here Advanced VSA is still doing it's job even if the pedal dance is done, if the rear wheels are static (2wd hub dyno) aVSA is trying to pull timing accordingly. We will dyno both civics this week, let's see what we find :)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to good numbers the next time around!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Pero que hostia es esta. Joder !!!!

Muscleman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rigby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Hi guys,

Well, I was about to launch my car for the first time to check how much it was making and I got very, very disappointing results.

- PRL intercooler

IMG_20191214_194008.jpg

At the time I just thought there was something wrong with the car or the tune, but outside of the dyno, the car feels awesome, and way more powerful than stock and much more refined than with the starter 21. So it didn't make any sense. I disabled the VSA completely with the pedal dance before the run and changed to the map 3 with the multimap setting on ktuner.

After talking to the guys at the club, @kytos pointed out that it might have been the AVSA option pulling back or cutting ignition and hence the weird results. WIth the nerves and that being the first time any of us ran a dyno ever since that option was implemented on ktuner I didn't realize at the moment.

So kids, remember to enable the main option to disable the advanced vsa before doing a dyno run.

I will launch again this week and see if I get good results or if THERE IS something wrong with the car after all.
No prl Intake?

Muscleman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rigby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Hi guys,

- PRL intercooler

IMG_20191214_194008.jpg

Cvt?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So we dynoed yesterday, here are my results:
Honda Civic 10th gen Do not ever forget to disable Advanced VSA on dyno runs IMG_20191220_203106_908

Peak 226WHP

Engine Mods:
- Mishimoto Intercooler with stock pipes.
- Modified stock exhaust (resonator delete + changed mufflers)
- KyN Panel Filter
- TSP Stage1 (slightly scaled MAF by Drob) with Ktuner

Attachments

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Sooooo nice results , bravo! I love the IAT2 that stays steady throughout the pull, I think I'll be ordering my Mishi sooner rather than later :)
You were dyno'ed on quite high altitude / low atmospheric pressure, so max boost was 21'ish , but dyno doesn't care, it will adjust
this is power at the wheels, right ?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sooooo nice results , bravo! I love the IAT2 that stays steady throughout the pull, I think I'll be ordering my Mishi sooner rather than later :)
You were dyno'ed on quite high altitude / low atmospheric pressure, so max boost was 21'ish , but dyno doesn't care, it will adjust
this is power at the wheels, right ?
Very bad weather but the dyno is well calibrated tho the max boost is reduced. The power at the wheels is 226whp, graph is measured to engine.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
David228cx

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Well I launched again with the AVSA disabled... and the best number I got were...

235BHP and 386,86Nm

So... not bad at all...

Honda Civic 10th gen Do not ever forget to disable Advanced VSA on dyno runs IMG_20191220_210613
Sponsored