Do I need to get the radar plate for the front bumper?

sep

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Is it necessary that I get front plastic cover for the radar on the bumper for a 2019 Civic Hatchback sport sensing? The part is pretty expensive for what it seems to me a piece of plastic to cover the vent. Also would a 2018 hatchback sport bumper fit on the 2019?

Honda Civic 10th gen Do I need to get the radar plate for the front bumper? part 14 price

Honda Civic 10th gen Do I need to get the radar plate for the front bumper? part 14

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Is it necessary that I get front plastic cover for the radar on the bumper for a 2019 Civic Hatchback sport sensing? The part is pretty expensive for what it seems to me a piece of plastic to cover the vent. Also would a 2018 hatchback sport bumper fit on the 2019?

part 14 price.png

part 14.png
Depends on what you mean by necessary. It’s not needed for the radar and sensing to work, but it would be pretty vulnerable if it’s not protected.

If you like the looks of the fake vents on the 2020 you can get both sides, horn resinator for the passenger side, and radar cover for the driver side for about the same price as just the radar cover on the 19.

If you don’t like the 2020 design you might be able to get a deal on the cover from someone else that is doing the swap because they like the look better.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/2020-si-5d-front-fascia-garnish-retrofit.42603/

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Im almost 100% sure it will fit. I have a bumper cover from a '19 on my '16.
Sponsored