Do I need an alignment for lowering springs?

colestrahle33

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey,
I was planning on buying the Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs, and I wasn't sure if after I installed them if I would need an alignment or a camber kit? This is my first time lowering a car so I'm not really sure what I'd need.
Sponsored

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
You don't need camber kit, but an alignment is always recommended after you install lowering springs. Install springs, drive around for a couple hundred miles or so for the springs to settle, then alignment.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We always recommend our customers to get an alignment right after they install the springs, and another alignment a couple of weeks after the install, so the springs have settled to their proper height. However, if budget is an issue, I would recommend you only go for the second alignment after the springs have been settled. :)

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
USUALLY yes, cause you will definately change your stock suspension geometry. So, may be camber adjustment will not be necessary, but alignment is a must.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
You will 100% need an alignment. The results of the alignment will also tell you if any further camber adjustability is needed.
Sponsored