Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
hi I want to get a catless dp and fp on my cvt civic, but do i need ktuner ? Should i get the tune first or the dp and fp?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You will need a tune to get rid of the check engine light associated with deleting the catalytic converter. The tune is a much bigger bang for the buck anyways but they work well together.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I'd get the KTuner first. Run with that for a while and then decide if you still want/need bolt ons.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Personally, I'd get the KTuner first. Run with that for a while and then decide if you still want/need bolt ons.
can u send me a pic of ur side markers

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
and will ktuner make m
You will need a tune to get rid of the check engine light associated with deleting the catalytic converter. The tune is a much bigger bang for the buck anyways but they work well together.
will ktuner make my car sound better tho?

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
like in a cold start or rev and sum acceleration pulls ?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
like in a cold start or rev and sum acceleration pulls ?
KTuner will offer a significant increase in performance but will make little noticeable difference to sound output, aside from whatever you get from the increased airflow through your engine.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
KTuner will offer a significant increase in performance but will make little noticeable difference to sound output, aside from whatever you get from the increased airflow through your engine.
Damn ?, I have a muffler Delte and straight pipe Rn but I want to hear pops. When the engine is warm u can hear them but it’s sound as if something is muffling it. That’s why I want the dp , u can’t here pops in these vids but when I’m cruising and put in neutral u can hear

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Damn ?, I have a muffler Delte and straight pipe Rn but I want to hear pops. When the engine is warm u can hear them but it’s sound as if something is muffling it. That’s why I want the dp , u can’t here pops in these vids but when I’m cruising and put in neutral u can hear
Honda Civic 10th gen Do I need a tune do get a catless DP? D8DF3959-707D-4220-9278-04C2C880987E

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah a downpipe would enhance the sound there.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can run it without a tune but your fuel trims will be a bit off

I ran catless dp for maybe 6-7k miles untuned and it was ok, my downpipe blew a hole tho only because it was shitty quality

So if you do decide to get catless make sure you get RV6/PRL/MAP or some high quality one

Reactions: Myx

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You don't need a tune, Ktuner/Hondata is just so you can disable the Check Engine Light that comes from having no cat. You can use a defouler though but sometimes you will still see a check engine light when your car is idling for longer periods of time. Some people stuff the defouler or add spacers which can make it more effective. The pops come from the car running a bit more rich, so essentially you could use Ktuner if you really want that.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
You don't need a tune, Ktuner/Hondata is just so you can disable the Check Engine Light that comes from having no cat. You can use a defouler though but sometimes you will still see a check engine light when your car is idling for longer periods of time. Some people stuff the defouler or add spacers which can make it more effective. The pops come from the car running a bit more rich, so essentially you could use Ktuner if you really want that.
Is there another way to get pips besides tuning in the cvt ?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there another way to get pips besides tuning in the cvt ?
Don't own a CVT to tell you, I'd imagine with the way they decelerate tho that a catless downpipe would probably be your best bet.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Don't own a CVT to tell you, I'd imagine with the way they decelerate tho that a catless downpipe would probably be your best bet.
Ah alright thx
Sponsored