Do I need a rear camber kit with Eibach Sportlines for mostly street driving?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
What are your guys' thoughts? I track the car (newbie) maybe 1-2 per year max but its mostly commuting to and from work (20 miles city + highway each way) .

Car is going in for Sport Lines next week and I'm wondering if I really need the camber arms. Thanks.
Sponsored

typerui

First Name
chin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
im running sport line , it better to have the camber arm cause it will bring ur wheels in when u lower the rear. for tire wear since u drive alot i will get them install.

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im running sport line , it better to have the camber arm cause it will bring ur wheels in when u lower the rear. for tire wear since u drive alot i will get them install.
I’m in a similar situation. Lowered on D2. How much does it cost to get the rear camber arms installed or how difficult is it?

I’m not rubbing on the rear currently so will the arms cause me to start rubbing?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You can maybe get away without them on the pro kit. I'd 100% get rear camber arms if you're going sport line

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
I think it depends on your wheel/tire set-up and goals for the car. I too have the +42 CEs but went Spoon Springs & Eibach adj RCAs with 255/40 DWS06s. Upon install I was -1.9 right and -1.5 left. As I'm just using it for street driving we tried -1.5 for both but I rubbed. After further experimenting we settled on -2.5 to prevent rubbing with the taller tire. Your Sportlines will probably put you in the -2+ range after install. I recall you are on a 265/35 so you're probably ok without them assuming you don't care about the ability to adjust if needed. They are pretty simple to install, should you decide you want them later, just time consuming since it's tight in there.
Sponsored