First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys so to start I'm really new to putting mods on my car. Long story short I got a new si after my 06' 325i(300k miles) left me stranded for the last time. My si is a daily driver getting about 450 miles a week so I'm not looking to put a ridiculous amount of power or anything. I also basically never race or push the car hard. At the moment I plan to get a clutch fx300 from vits site, a ktuner base 19/23 tune, prl down pipe(catted) and an injen intercooler. Is it necessary for me to get a custom tune? I understand that I won't be getting full potential from the bolt ons but I don't care about that. I just want to make sure the car will still run smoothly and not have reliability issues. And yes I also understand that mods increasing power means less reliablilty in general. Any advice is welcome :)
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Necessary? Probably not.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Necessary? Probably not.
Thanks! Any recommendations for future add ons? I doubt I'd get any more performance mods anyways but just curious. I originally planned on getting prl CAI until I did more research and figured it's main benefit would be the sound.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Any recommendations for future add ons? I doubt I'd get any more performance mods anyways but just curious. I originally planned on getting prl CAI until I did more research and figured it's main benefit would be the sound.
Why get it catted when you do not need to smog for another 5 years?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner flex fuel converter (with the necessary supporting hardware) so you can run an ethanol blend. Best bang for your buck upgrade after a tuning device.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Hey guys so to start I'm really new to putting mods on my car. Long story short I got a new si after my 06' 325i(300k miles) left me stranded for the last time. My si is a daily driver getting about 450 miles a week so I'm not looking to put a ridiculous amount of power or anything. I also basically never race or push the car hard. At the moment I plan to get a clutch fx300 from vits site, a ktuner base 19/23 tune, prl down pipe(catted) and an injen intercooler. Is it necessary for me to get a custom tune? I understand that I won't be getting full potential from the bolt ons but I don't care about that. I just want to make sure the car will still run smoothly and not have reliability issues. And yes I also understand that mods increasing power means less reliablilty in general. Any advice is welcome :)
Custom tune for that setup isn’t required as Ktuner has maps that will work. BUT as I’ve told others in the past, a custom tune will net the best gains and drivability. You would notice a good difference between the base maps and a custom tune. I also got the catted downpipe, going catless on the stock turbo only nets you 5-10hp. The intercooler from Injen however I wouldn’t buy, it’s crap imo.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Custom tune for that setup isn’t required as Ktuner has maps that will work. BUT as I’ve told others in the past, a custom tune will net the best gains and drivability. You would notice a good difference between the base maps and a custom tune. I also got the catted downpipe, going catless on the stock turbo only nets you 5-10hp. The intercooler from Injen however I wouldn’t buy, it’s crap imo.
You recommend getting a prl intercooler? I know its not out or anything but are you saying I'm better off with no intercooler or just the injen one is crap itself?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You recommend getting a prl intercooler? I know its not out or anything but are you saying I'm better off with no intercooler or just the injen one is crap itself?
Well you need an intercooler lol and Injen is not crap you just got to tune it for the car. Everyone hates on Injen and they are not a bad brand. Their intercooler is double the size the stock like all the other intercoolers that are still developing. If you guys really think the injen intercooler is crap then show me proof with some real dyno runs with it.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry not too sure what you mean?
No I was just saying might as well got the catless since sure horsepower gains are 5 to 10 hp and its cheaper to. As for it being a new car you won't need to smog for another 5 years therefore cat or catless wouldn't matter.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No I was just saying might as well got the catless since sure horsepower gains are 5 to 10 hp and its cheaper to. As for it being a new car you won't need to smog for another 5 years therefore cat or catless wouldn't matter.
Every state us different. In PA, we have to get emissions checked every year, whether it is a new car or not. In NJ, I believe you have 4 years after you purchase a new car, and then every two years after that.

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Every state us different. In PA, we have to get emissions checked every year, whether it is a new car or not. In NJ, I believe you have 4 years after you purchase a new car, and then every two years after that.
Not every part of PA participates in smog/emission checks :headbang:

Move to the country side, lol.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
You say 5-10 hp, like it's nothing, it's actually a good amount considering the displacement.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Well you need an intercooler lol and Injen is not crap you just got to tune it for the car. Everyone hates on Injen and they are not a bad brand. Their intercooler is double the size the stock like all the other intercoolers that are still developing. If you guys really think the injen intercooler is crap then show me proof with some real dyno runs with it.
I think it's actually bigger than prl's. Bigger isn't always better. Being bigger means taking longer to spool.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
If you are going for a mild tune and light driving you'll be fine with the Stock intercooler. You may find yourself wanting more eventually and the upgrade will push cooler air through the system giving you better performance.
Sponsored