Do all 18 CTR keyfob should be with a red emblem????

DinaNuctornal

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport hatchback MT
I just took delivery of my 2018 Type R and the key fob is the regular black one it’s without the red H logo. The dealership said some of the type R’s came with the same key fob as mine. I have the metallic grey color Badge no 19470
Sponsored

Unyot

First Name
Unyot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX-S aspec/CTR
Both of my key fob has a red H on it. 2018 CW CTR badge# 18783...

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Both red here sounds like a mistake to me, and if its not a mistake its a total hack move. I feel like the Red H keys are just a small piece of the 35k+ price tag and anyone who puts down the cash deserves their little red H badge keys just as much as the next guy. I would personally tell the dealer I was disappointed and that I'd prefer the standard Type R red keys that were specifically made by Honda exclusively for this halo vehicle, identical to the ones everyone else has received and that is not going to work for me. If they don't feel like helping then go to Honda corporate. It's such a small item that they messed up on I don't see why they wouldn't take care of you.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Maybe they're just black now, and the lucky ones who got one early have sweet, sweet red H badges.

brb, buying a key fob protector.

Or much more likely, they lost the Type R fobs and reprogrammed regular fobs for you.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
If they don't feel like helping then go to Honda corporate. It's such a small item that they messed up on I don't see why they wouldn't take care of you.
Have you contacted Honda corporate before? I have twice now and both times they deferred to the dealer and told me they "couldn't do anything about it." That's when they bother to respond at all - I had to tweet to finally get a response.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2018 Type R and the key fob is the regular black one it’s without the red H logo. The dealership said some of the type R’s came with the same key fob as mine. I have the metallic grey color Badge no 19470
Something is not right!!! you should get 2-fobs with red honda logo! Which dealer did you buy from? I say call Honda USA and file a complaint...I bet your Red honda logo key fobs got switched out by a greddy service tech! just doesn't sound right!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
any chance you can post a picture of the grey color badge?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
the CTR definitely comes with a key fob with the red H.
Also, when a parts guy pull up the part on computer, it should also distingust between standard and red logo keys, no? so basically, ordering the WRONG key fob can not happen!! most parts department ask for vin number now, and to order any parts for FK8, you need vin; so how can the wrong key fob be ordered? Call me a conspiracy guy, but this situation does not pass my smell test...I smell BS here!

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
its not ordering the wrong parts its what they have in stock at the dealer. without keys the car aint moving.
request the dealer to replace they keys with the correct ones. or contact honda and have them escalate it.
red h key fob 72147-TGG-A11
regular one 72147-TGG-A21

you should also be receiving 2 key fobs.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Also, when a parts guy pull up the part on computer, it should also distingust between standard and red logo keys, no? so basically, ordering the WRONG key fob can not happen!! most parts department ask for vin number now, and to order any parts for FK8, you need vin; so how can the wrong key fob be ordered? Call me a conspiracy guy, but this situation does not pass my smell test...I smell BS here!
maybe they just had extra keys sitting there so instead of ordering the red one, they just programmed the regular one.
or someone at the dealership wanted the red H so they swapped it out with their regular H fob. It's just an outside cover which can be swapped in like 1 min so ... lol.
Sponsored