DMV Si Drivers?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic, 2018 Elantra Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, anyone driving 6MT around? How bad is the rowing in DC rush hour? I'm just trying to get an idea if it's worth a hassle of getting an Si just to sit in traffic.
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I commute from PA into MD everyday, and get stuck in plenty of traffic. The Si's light clutch make it easy to live with in traffic IMHO.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Lived with my '02 EP3 Si for fifteen years in DC traffic and made it okay.

Rowing the gears can suck, but 1st gear on Hondas is very low and good for crawling in slow traffic. I never had to slip the clutch very much thanks to this.

The CVT in my FK7 hatch is less hassle, no doubt, but it also lacks the immediate gotta-take-that-gap-NOW response that a manual transmission offers.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I've driven exclusively only 6MT cars in DMV area. Hated driving in traffic. IMHO pointless to drive a manual in rush hour here. A Ktuned CVT adds that immediate response that barracks SI is talking about. Definitely not there stock but tuned it's a hoot.

Needless to say if Ktuner didn't exist for the platform I would have never considered a civic and bought a used manual 370z for cheap! Crazy how cheap one of these with 50k or less miles can be had nowdays.

Hellraisingvtec

CarStudio101
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Hey guys, anyone driving 6MT around? How bad is the rowing in DC rush hour? I'm just trying to get an idea if it's worth a hassle of getting an Si just to sit in traffic.
I drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours everyday when i leave work due to traffic and to be honest, I have no problem. The pedal is really lite. I love my Si and pretty sure you will to if you buy one. Good luck

isek04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 GTR BE
I drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours everyday when i leave work due to traffic and to be honest, I have no problem. The pedal is really lite. I love my Si and pretty sure you will to if you buy one. Good luck
same - I drive less than you but the pedal is surprisingly light so I have no issues at all either.
Sponsored