SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I did this for the LX sedan I had following the instructions the dealer printed out for me. It’s not super difficult, but it is challenging to have the patience to pry this center console apart without breaking any plastic or marring up surfaces. It probably took me 6-8 hours and several times during that time I was cussing and throwing shit. These clips are designed to break easily to deter you from working on your own car. If you've done it a few times and know the best angles to pry at these pieces, I could see it being a piece of cake for a technician at a dealer who has done it many times.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'll have to get on this. One day I'll have a wireless android auto capable headunit and won't need to plug in anymore :cool:

MrRicer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Thinking of doing this to my 2018 Hatchback LX, would it just be plug in play once I get past the tediousness of removing the center console and etc? no splicing or anything?

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
You need to splice some signals, if you have a factory rear camera you will need a signal to that., also the headunit needs power to the tablet display and signal as well (between HU and Diaplay).
The other stuff is the FM tunner and cables between them.

Not so complicated but not plug and play.

Ak4ek

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 TYPE R
Country flag
Has anyone done this to a type r fk8 ? Ive heard the type r already has the wire harness under the storage compartment dont know how accurate that is

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone done this to a type r fk8 ? Ive heard the type r already has the wire harness under the storage compartment dont know how accurate that is
But why spend all that $$$ and install stress, though? I just got this, and it works perfectly with my iPhone 11, and fits into the center slot in front of the shifter as if it was OEM. Use the included 12V adapter for fast-charging: https://www.amazon.com/CarQiWireles...od_1?pd_rd_i=B07X4F63PV&psc=1#customerReviews

Ak4ek

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 TYPE R
Country flag