RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looking for some advice here, I've searched the forums and not really found an answer. I change my own oil and use Race Ramps for that, but I want to start rotating my own tires too. I was going to go out and buy the low profile jack and the jack stands, but I'm not sure now that I can get the car up on four jack stands because it doesn't seem like there is an easily accessible jacking point other than the ones on the sides. Does anyone here do their own tire rotations and if so, how do you accomplish it? I'm also 55 years old and am thinking just screw it, I'll take it to the mechanic, but I do enjoy doing things myself.
Sponsored

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Beware first of all that certain tires are only meant to rotate a certain way so you can only rotate those tires front to back. I just use the lift at my work to rotate the tires. It’s a very easy task but I’d rather spend the money then jack the car up to only rotate tires

the_civic

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for some advice here, I've searched the forums and not really found an answer. I change my own oil and use Race Ramps for that, but I want to start rotating my own tires too. I was going to go out and buy the low profile jack and the jack stands, but I'm not sure now that I can get the car up on four jack stands because it doesn't seem like there is an easily accessible jacking point other than the ones on the sides. Does anyone here do their own tire rotations and if so, how do you accomplish it? I'm also 55 years old and am thinking just screw it, I'll take it to the mechanic, but I do enjoy doing things myself.
Yes, it is possible... I too prefer doing my own work whenever possible. There’s a center jacking point that’s a bit of a pain in the ass to get to, but shouldn’t take more than a couple seconds when using ramps.

Here’s a picture for your reference :

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Tire Rotation EEB5F1BB-01F9-430C-A713-2B7668178395

and here’s an older shot during my last tire rotation :

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Tire Rotation AA4FBAC8-74B5-42A4-AE77-8306867A2181

::: Edited for clarity::: I used 1 low profile jack and 4 jack stands... first, drive onto the ramps... jack up the front from that center mounting point I mentioned... add jack stands on the front... move the jack to the back... once the back is in the air, go ahead and add the second set of stands...

Hope this helps... good luck! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I lift the front, swap sides, then lift each side and swap front to back.

My garage is on an incline so I am not comfortable placing it on 4 jackstands.

It's a bit of effort but still faster than scheduling an appointment then going in and waiting an hour for a rotation.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The ideal is 2 jacks plus a pair of jack stands. But it’s possible with a single jack. And no stands at all. Jack up 1 side, front to rear. Jack the other side front to rear.

If you have more at your disposal, I changed all 4 wheels from 1 car to another car. I used my low profile on one car. And then two smaller 2/4ton on the other car. Do 1 side of the car at a time.

I installed my exhaust in a school parking lot with just 1 4ton jack and a pair of stands.

OP
OP
RAF247

RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, it is possible... I too prefer doing my own work whenever possible. There’s a center jacking point that’s a bit of a pain in the ass to get to, but shouldn’t take more than a couple seconds when using ramps.

EEB5F1BB-01F9-430C-A713-2B7668178395.jpeg

AA4FBAC8-74B5-42A4-AE77-8306867A2181.jpeg

::: Edited for clarity::: I used 1 low profile jack and 4 jack stands... first, drive onto the ramps... jack up the front from that center mounting point I mentioned... add jack stands on the front... move the jack to the back... once the back is in the air, go ahead and add the second set of stands...

Thanks, I appreciate it!

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I just use this for my tire rotation. It comes from tirerack’s website. I run asymmetrical tires and use figure c. This works as long your tires aren’t directional

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Tire Rotation 444B185E-E847-441E-B3D0-4D64672063B2

OP
OP
RAF247

RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

EEB5F1BB-01F9-430C-A713-2B7668178395.jpeg

AA4FBAC8-74B5-42A4-AE77-8306867A2181.jpeg

Where is the center jack point in the rear? I found the one in the front. It's difficult for this old man to see under this low car!