DIY: Tail light bulb changing

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I was considering the Philips vision LED. What would you guys think would be better or have more light. I don't want to put any resistors and pretty much want plug & play
I have the Philips and they are fine. Uses the reflector really well. Shouldn't need resistors except when you change the turn signal to LED.
Sponsored

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I was considering the Philips vision LED. What would you guys think would be better or have more light. I don't want to put any resistors and pretty much want plug & play
These are the brightest I've see.

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
It was very easy to replace my reverse bulbs to LEDs in my Hatchback...
Piece of cake! 20 minutes from start to finish...
One side came off easily BUT when I popped off the other side, you can see what happened...
I just pushed it back in and it was fine...
Just alittle heads up for you guys...

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Tail light bulb changing IMG_1630

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I broke one of the 2 snap connector pins when removing the tail light assembly. It looks like it is a replaceable piece but I can't find it in the parts fische. I've had no luck finding an aftermarket replacement either. Anyone have a part number for it?

This pic from the first post shows the snap connectors I'm talking about, one is the top right corner and the other is below that.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Tail light bulb changing 20151230_132356

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The only way is to unscrew it and replace the bulbs. You can't change it behind the lining at it is all covered with the metal.
Kind of a bummer, but at least it's just a couple screws. Doesn't look that hard, and I can keep a stubby screwdriver in the glovebox.

I've said that I'd never own a car where I couldn't change the light bulbs in a parking lot. Kinda shot myself in the foot with the Touring's LEDs, but hopefully they'll last for years and years. (knock on wood!)

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread.

Canadian Si Sedan here.
We have quite a limited selection (at least from the amazon.ca store) for LED bulbs that are available in our local amazon warehouses.

I got these for my amber signal lights yesterday.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Y18GT2V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pleased to say after 1 day in I'm happy with the results. Super bright without hyperflash during normal use.

If these hold up well, my last bulbs to change are the red brake lights.

Does anyone here have experience with these?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B082HJXJHM...olid=2O2XEF6PLWS7L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or These?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B084BTNGVR...olid=2O2XEF6PLWS7L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: