DIY: Smoked side marker

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
Can I get these anywhere for a reasonable price anymore?

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
Okay I got them in. Bought them at Unique Style Racing here: https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1196

My thoughts...the quality is not as good as the clear JDM ones I bought. Seems to be some gaps between the backing and the cover. Hopefully no leaks. Still have the clear JDM's ones in case.

No shavings needed for the bulb area. Looks pretty good other than that.

Will put them on on the weekend.

snowmanp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Took about 15 minutes.
First time ever using Plasti Dip and it was super easy.

Just used one distinctive coat cuz I wanted to make sure you couldn't see the orange at all.
Still shines at night too.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker IMG_5793

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker IMG_5794

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is an older thread. I just installed the smoked side marker from eBay seller bb auto brand: extreme online store. It showed up a day early and installed easy enough. Some slight fitment issues but would probably only notice if your looking for them. I know it needs a wash. I just didn't want to wait before I installed. I got it from eBay.ca

Edit. It had 4 slots in back. Complete plug and play.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker 20180123_095108

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker 20180123_095117

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker 20180123_095138

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Smoked side marker 20180122_151153

Last edited:

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this in another thread as well, but to remove wedge type bulbs easier and without picking glass from your fingers, take a piece of tape and stick it to both sides of the bulb leaving a decent loop of tape running over the top of the bulb. Pull the loop and the bulb comes right out without injury or frustration.

Soldmyhat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Saloon
Have you had any leaking on the ones from extreme online store?

I know this is an older thread. I just installed the smoked side marker from eBay seller bb auto brand: extreme online store. It showed up a day early and installed easy enough. Some slight fitment issues but would probably only notice if your looking for them. I know it needs a wash. I just didn't want to wait before I installed. I got it from eBay.ca

Edit. It had 4 slots in back. Complete plug and play.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I can't remember exactly which seller I got mine from. But I do have some water fogging up my driver's side one. There are currently smoked side markers on ebay.ca for $17cad I just offered less then asking on them and have 2 pairs on the way, vastifire brand I believe. For 17-20cad for a pair I figure why not. Going to install on the girlfriends car and our buddies new hatch. Will see how they fair.

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
Anyone recommend a smoked side marker that they bought that doesn't leak? Bonus points if it comes with orange led bulbs (or even just orange bulbs in general).

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
7C9C113E-032F-4B26-98BA-1521B511696F.jpeg AD270BFF-3EFA-4DAD-B799-EC814158D19B.jpeg I bought some smoked side markers and some tint film, long story short I tinted my side marker instead of putting on the smoked ones and I like the look
this looks really good, pretty much the exact color i wanted. Would you mind sharing a link to the film color/pn you bought these from?

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
I got smoked switchback type ones coming in a few days, it's a bit cold right now to be installing hardware lol. Hopefully if it comes Friday, Friday should be warm enough. Gonna be interesting to see how I splice the second wire to the turn signal to make the switchback function tho
Sponsored