First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just did this on my Sport Hatch. While it might've made life a lot easier, I was able to do the swap without jacking up the rear of my car. I'm not a big dude (5'7" 150-155lbs) so I had that going for me. Physically removing the stock bar from the car was a pain in the ass, and weaving the CTR bar was even worse. I think I spent a good 20-30 minutes alone trying to Tetris that thing in there. If not for that, it would've easily been a 15-20 minute job instead of the 45 it took me.I was able to break my endlink nuts loose thanks to my trusty 14" breaker bar. Through a series of various extensions, I was (barely) able to fit my torque wrench in there, and even then, it was just enough movement for it to click at torque. It's on, test driven around the neighborhood, no clunks, definitely a difference in cornering feel. Thanks for the DIY guide!
Sponsored

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
Just did this on my Sport Hatch. While it might've made life a lot easier, I was able to do the swap without jacking up the rear of my car. I'm not a big dude (5'7" 150-155lbs) so I had that going for me. Physically removing the stock bar from the car was a pain in the ass, and weaving the CTR bar was even worse. I think I spent a good 20-30 minutes alone trying to Tetris that thing in there. If not for that, it would've easily been a 15-20 minute job instead of the 45 it took me.I was able to break my endlink nuts loose thanks to my trusty 14" breaker bar. Through a series of various extensions, I was (barely) able to fit my torque wrench in there, and even then, it was just enough movement for it to click at torque. It's on, test driven around the neighborhood, no clunks, definitely a difference in cornering feel. Thanks for the DIY guide!
Yeah, took me 10-15 mins of Tetris before it slid right in. Wish I could remember the exact way I did it so I could remember for the future! Lolz.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hatchback sport owner here.
Really want to do this but I still dont understand why recommend the Si 18mm rather than the TypeR 25mm ??
Daily driver btw

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for this write up. I did this today and this was really helpful. I upgraded to the Si bar, it feels great.

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
Ordered the sway on Honda Parts Network for $72 and brackets for $7.98 a piece. Anyone have the sirimoto strut too? How does this combo feel?

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've had the Si Bar on my Sport hatch for a bit, and it keeps clunking, mostly on slopes/bumps. So I've got two questions:

-Is it possible I accidentally installed it the wrong way? I heard someone else had that happen with one of the aftermarket RSBs and it caused the clunking sound.

-If I did install it the right way, what's the best way to make sure I torque it down properly? My torque wrench wont fit in there, and it's not easy to torque super hard with a 6" long combination wrench.

EDIT: I realize it might be binding, how do you deal with that? Is it just the torque issue still?

Last edited:
OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
So I've had the Si Bar on my Sport hatch for a bit, and it keeps clunking, mostly on slopes/bumps. So I've got two questions:

-Is it possible I accidentally installed it the wrong way? I heard someone else had that happen with one of the aftermarket RSBs and it caused the clunking sound.

-If I did install it the right way, what's the best way to make sure I torque it down properly? My torque wrench wont fit in there, and it's not easy to torque super hard with a 6" long combination wrench.

EDIT: I realize it might be binding, how do you deal with that? Is it just the torque issue still?
I had clunking initially. I retorqued the D brackets and end links and the noise disappeared. Good luck.

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
As many suggested the oversteer, I am most likely going to remove the CTR bar and sell it. This is my daily driver and I originally intended to do more mods to compensate for the CTR bar but ultimately purchasing an M3 somewhat changed those plans. I'll be removing my CTR bar and possibly purchase a Si bar to replace it.

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Idk why there are complaints about this mod.

Simple and cheap.

I you are driving your car to the point of oversteer/understeer on a main road you're going to fast.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Idk why there are complaints about this mod.

Simple and cheap.

I you are driving your car to the point of oversteer/understeer on a main road you're going to fast.
I don't understand it either. If you are driving to the point that you will lose control on a public road, you would've have done so no matter what bar was under there. And you were going too fast.

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I don't understand it either. If you are driving to the point that you will lose control on a public road, you would've have done so no matter what bar was under there. And you were going too fast.
yep!

This mod gives you the initial feel of follow through with the rear end and you can feel the difference in weight transfer

dont crash after reading this article

https://www.n2td.org/trail-braking/

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
The bar needs to be complemented with suspension changes. IMO, with the higher stable speeds around the corner, the tires start to require more camber, the stock dampeners require more rebound. I have no intention of upgrading other items on this car so I will be removing the CTR bar for a Si bar or back to stock. If it works for your driving style, more power to you. Anyone want to buy a CTR bar? :p

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The bar needs to be complemented with suspension changes. IMO, with the higher stable speeds around the corner, the tires start to require more camber, the stock dampeners require more rebound. I have no intention of upgrading other items on this car so I will be removing the CTR bar for a Si bar or back to stock. If it works for your driving style, more power to you. Anyone want to buy a CTR bar? :p
I have a si bar ill trade you lol
Sponsored