AmariRadiance

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Yeah it’s not clear what greenish color it is, it was tricky for me because there’s like 3 of the same colors
I was able to get the correct wire; the one closest to the reddish wire. The guide says mint but it’s not the mint one. There’s one mint and two other that are a similar color; the one closest to the red one is the correct one. I got that far but then broke the other end trying to get the pin into the harness.
Sponsored

Kita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
I’m having the same issue - the brightness control doesn’t seem to have any effect, and the screen doesn’t auto dim with the headlights on. Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?
Hey, so I had the same problem and I found a solution that worked for me. I had replaced the display screen and it dims correctly now. I’m unsure if I just had a defective screen or if I needed the newer style screen with the buttons to go with the brains that came out of a 2020. In the photo, below was the one that wouldn’t dim and above was the working screen
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport FE0AB9AA-1607-4F32-ABE9-0AAB4F724EBA

yunghro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Damn that’s good. I’m also thinking of getting the updated ac controls as well lol so it can match. Idk if it will be plug n play though.. it’ll probably be off the 2020 sport model.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport A1389C3E-7D47-458B-A018-056772E02666

maktooperfect

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX-P coupe
Country flag
Hey i have a Honda civic 2016 LX and I bought the EX honda link screen (barebones). i tried plugging it in with the current connectors but got no signal. I read the instructions for this and I'm quite confused. Is there anyone that's willing to get paid to do the wiring for me (I live in Chicago). and if not can someone clear my misunderstandings? Do I have to create the cable from the E connector to the Tablet? and how should i make everything fit and create additional wires to connect to the connector?

maktooperfect

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX-P coupe
Country flag
I'm working on a set of very comprehensive instructions-- with photos.
Hey did u make the guide yet? I'm really confused about what do to with the wires and extra cables I've never spliced or played with harnesses before.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

remarkable19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
Almost finished with the install, just missing one wire I wasn’t aware that I needed. How y’all like my 2016 lx with XM radio? I also have the guide lines that move depending on my wheel position when I’m reversing.

Right now my am/fm isn’t working till I get that wire in. I stuffed the fin off a touring into my dash and it works lol.

Next project is either changing out the climate control with a touring model, or adding remote start using the factory key fob.

Thank you @Zed , I wouldn’t have been able to do this without your kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport D39AA0E3-2537-4448-AD7B-31F3A861D568

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport 4E691813-DCDC-4DB2-B344-9C6DDC2D02BD

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport 413845C5-9C15-4DFF-B9B3-43BB0C0326ED

shazil

First Name
shazil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic x
Greetings guys!

So I did finish a successful retrofit!

1617357334406.png

The only thing still not working is the camera. I decided to fix it this weekend.

Could anyone please share his solution where did you find a signal for enabling "R" gear? I've found the correct pin for the camera, "R" signal is the last thing blocking me.

how did you manage the amp situation, installed an external amp with the unit ? . as I got the same unit with the double points for the signal.

Kirov

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how did you manage the amp situation, installed an external amp with the unit ? . as I got the same unit with the double points for the signal.
Hey!

I had a built in amp in my "Sport" version, so no additional tuning required. Everything worked fine for me.

I sold my 2017 Civic X Sport for a 2016 Accord Coupe 3,5 V6 EX-L. Still miss my Civic.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! I installed my EX head unit thanks to the wonderful instructions and wiring harness from @Zed and @fgr lo and behold, it doesn't do anything because its in theft mode asking for a cod. I have no code. Im waiting on my honda dealer to open so i can call for the code (guy I bought the unit from doesn't have the original car vin so yay).

Update 2: Honda gave me a loaner while they figure it out (1.5t cvt🙄). They called me today and said it was locked out from the previous owner. They're going to try a software reset and get back to me on if I should just replace the unit or not.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update 3: The reset didn't work. For the low low price of 130$, the "diagnostic" given was that it is jailbroken and therefore cannot be used. They're offering to install a new one (the crappy 5 inch original) for parts/labor $1400. Yeah no. Anyone have any suggestions?

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update 4: I've purchased another brain (unit not screen) from ebay (another $100). This one says it comes with the donor car's vin number so maybe ill have some luck this time around. I swear every time I install a mod, it goes wrong. If anyone has any helpful info, PLEASE SHARE!

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used my roomies vin (he has a 21 sport hatch) on the head unit I picked up. The Honda radio code site gave me the code without issue. Worth a shot just putting in a valid vin
I tried my own vin, the guy I bought it from, nothing worked. Hoping this new one works. The current one could be fried from a shoddy honda hack job?
Sponsored