Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I have bought 2 adapters which both don't fit. Looking for input from someone who has actually completed the process.
There are a multitude of AC threads here and if you look you will find. Actually, you will easily find just by looking in internet stores to buy what you need.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not true, this adapter is very specific. I have done a ton of research and cant find the necessary info. Looking for feedback from someone who has successfully completed the process.
You don't need an adapter if you have the r1234yf hose that is already left-hand (backwards) threaded. You can find them on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SH5XGT5

FWIW, I and several others have used this hose to successfully recharge (low side only). A/C is ice cold again without spending thousands at the dealer. ? How long it lasts still remains to be seen.

OP
OP
Shtumpa

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
You don't need an adapter if you have the r1234yf hose that is already left-hand (backwards) threaded. You can find them on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SH5XGT5

FWIW, I and several others have used this hose to successfully recharge (low side only). A/C is ice cold again without spending thousands at the dealer. ? How long it lasts still remains to be seen.
Yes, simple, you just need 1234yf and hose. Many listings on eBay all just about the same.

(It is only complicated if you already have a hose designed for the old refrigerant then you need an adapter I guess)

OP
OP
Shtumpa

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Or if you want to add 134 right into the new system thats complicated. (Don’t do this unless you do a lot of research into it, possible warranty issues, refrigerant oil incompatibility, etc... but apparently it works great)

oh yeah it’s also illegal lol

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
I bought the Interdynamics gauges on Amazon. See my review there.

Also bought 1234yf on eBay.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
wow, so many useless people offering useless information. Going to the dealer will cost you $$$ warranty or not. Complaining about the ozone is also not helpful. None of you have helped the OP's question.

This is possible to do yourself but you'll need to find the right adapter. I'll be starting a new conversation as I am in the same boat. I have the Honeywell R-1234yf canister but need to find an adapter. Has anyone found an adapter that works?

11933297_adv_18797_pri_larg.jpg
"Does anyone know where I can get a pirated copy?"

I'm not interested in helping people defeat the system. What the car is using is what's legal for the car. We're not talking about modifying the to make the car more fun or sound better.

This is an area in which no one should be altering. I don't know what part of Mercury you people are living on, but there is nothing wrong with the A/C performance in these cars.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
"Does anyone know where I can get a pirated copy?"

I'm not interested in helping people defeat the system. What the car is using is what's legal for the car. We're not talking about modifying the to make the car more fun or sound better.

This is an area in which no one should be altering. I don't know what part of Mercury you people are living on, but there is nothing wrong with the A/C performance in these cars.
I have a completely opposite opinion and I would encourage everyone to protest stupid regulations by civil disobedience.
When protesting, it's perfectly OK :thumbsup: to break laws and ignore regulations, becuse of the right to free expression, so no fear.:yes:

OP
OP
Shtumpa

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Well it’s more than two months since I charged system; just checked refrigerant pressure and it’s still holding steady 40 psi and still freezing yay ?

Hondadude69

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 touring
Country flag
Well it’s more than two months since I charged system; just checked refrigerant pressure and it’s still holding steady 40 psi and still freezing yay ?
Give us an update again LOL is it still holding

OP
OP
Shtumpa

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Give us an update again LOL is it still holding
I had to charge it once more. It's now a year still cold. Gonna order more. Assuming I'll need to charge it twice a year. May depend on how bad leak is.

mark s

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T, 2003 Odyssey LX
Country flag
I had to charge it once more. It's now a year still cold. Gonna order more. Assuming I'll need to charge it twice a year. May depend on how bad leak is.
My 2017 EX-T has the exact same AC symptoms you described at the start of this thread. I have the manifold gauges but do not know the low and high side pressures to add r1234yf to. You mentioned you filled to 40 psi but under what conditions was that pressure measured. Low side with AC full on and engine at normal operating temperature? What is the system pressure at xx degrees F ambient temperature with engine off? What should the high side pressure be at normal operating conditions with AC full on? Please let me know because I have all the components to do what you did but just need to know more about pressures and temperatures and whether or not the engine and AC were running when you measured the 40 psi mentioned in a previous post. I want to be certain that I am not overfilling my AC system.

OP
OP
Shtumpa

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
My 2017 EX-T has the exact same AC symptoms you described at the start of this thread. I have the manifold gauges but do not know the low and high side pressures to add r1234yf to. You mentioned you filled to 40 psi but under what conditions was that pressure measured. Low side with AC full on and engine at normal operating temperature? What is the system pressure at xx degrees F ambient temperature with engine off? What should the high side pressure be at normal operating conditions with AC full on? Please let me know because I have all the components to do what you did but just need to know more about pressures and temperatures and whether or not the engine and AC were running when you measured the 40 psi mentioned in a previous post. I want to be certain that I am not overfilling my AC system.
I basically just followed this tutorial:
https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/...L_4_Cyl._Sedan/air_conditioner/recharge_freon

"Low side with AC full on and engine at normal operating temperature?" --> correct

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Anyone here remember the good old days when AC systems had a sight glass where you could actually see bubbles when the Freon was low?

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Anyone here remember the good old days when AC systems had a sight glass where you could actually see bubbles when the Freon was low?
yeah, i also remember the days when we just vented freon to the atmosphere. AC has become such a pain these days that when my last vehicle quit blowing cold air, I shifted to the 2X55 air conditioning system - never needs recharged and always works on demand
Sponsored