diy qi charger

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
I've seen this done on other cars but haven't seen anyone post for our cars. Just wanted to share one that I put together. I just took the tray and removed some of the support ridges so the qi charger would fit in there. Then I just took some super glue and glue it in. I do recommend using a dual coil charger so you'll get a better charging area. A 3 coil one doesn't work well as the third coil creates an uneven surface. After the glue dries I just snapped the tray back into place. I routed the cord in a small gap in the back There is alot of space under there that and some air gaps to dissipate the heat from the charger. However, I'm no expert so do this at you own risk and be safe.
Honda Civic 10th gen diy qi charger qi charger
Sponsored

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
So is the pad on all the time?

OP
OP
chainsaw

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
Depends on where you plug it into. I plug the usb plug into the cigarette plug thats only on with the key turned to accessories.

update: for clarity the charger takes a micro usb so i just routed the cable behind the tray and plug it into my car charger. Also here is my Nexus 6 with a Ringke Rearth case charging on the tray. The case is a medium thick one as far as phone cases go.
Honda Civic 10th gen diy qi charger IMG_20180709_32736
Honda Civic 10th gen diy qi charger IMG_20180709_26100

Last edited: