2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Anyone on here ever done their own PPF installation? I'm looking at the XPEL Ultimate Plus pre-cut kits. They're expensive, but you save on labor. Just trying to see how difficult it is and if anyone would recommend doing it myself or taking the car to a pro.

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...ight-Trucks/2018/Honda/Civic/Hatchback/Type-R
These prices are marked up significantly. You will be able to get the same price for a fully installed kit from an installer. For example the bumper and full good kit is $1500. You can get it for this price installed.

OP
OP
ApexEight

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
These prices are marked up significantly. You will be able to get the same price for a fully installed kit from an installer. For example the bumper and full good kit is $1500. You can get it for this price installed.
Thank you. I'm also just now realizing that XPEL Ultimate Plus is expensive. 3M is a lot cheaper.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I wouldn’t recommend you install it yourself on the bumper. Even highly experienced installers have a hard time with the CTR bumper

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone on here ever done their own PPF installation? I'm looking at the XPEL Ultimate Plus pre-cut kits. They're expensive, but you save on labor. Just trying to see how difficult it is and if anyone would recommend doing it myself or taking the car to a pro.

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...ight-Trucks/2018/Honda/Civic/Hatchback/Type-R
That installation is not a joke. You might end up paying more if you messed up vs. paying once for the prof to do it.

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
these things are like rock magnets. have a few chips on my 20 sport . i am looking for protection also. i see the 3m kits on ebay for about $300. anyone have experience with these?

OP
OP
ApexEight

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
these things are like rock magnets. have a few chips on my 20 sport . i am looking for protection also. i see the 3m kits on ebay for about $300. anyone have experience with these?
I've talked to a guy that has a 3M kit and likes it. Got it from North Tints on eBay, they have one left. Apparently they don't have the optical clarity of the high-end XPEL but I don't know how much I buy that if you get the 3M Pro Stuff. I'd imagine it wouldn't be a huge difference. He said installation isn't terrible, just take your time and do your research beforehand.

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Suntek Ultra Kit on my eBay watchlist for $310. Have heard good things about Suntek Ultra. Really thinking about buying it and installing it myself on my SI. Don't think an SI warrants paying $1500+ for a professional install even more so that I'm at 16,000 miles already on my SI. I would definitely get PPF professionally installed on a Type R though and would do that ASAP once its off the lot.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Whatever route you go, if you DD your car and care about the paint PPF is definitely the way to go. I have STEK on mine and almost 27k miles later only one rock was big enough to make a mark under the headlight. Bumper got refinished anywho and PPF was reapplied. Now it's back to being pristine.
Sponsored