DIY Ktuner users, some questions for ya

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
So I just got my Ktuner and started playing with it today. I started out with the "Stage 2" vanilla map just to get an idea of what the logs should look like.

I was wondering about a few things though..

1 - How long does it take for the knock control to settle? On my stock map I was at .56 knock control. After flashing stage 2 I was still seeing .69 knock control after ten or so second-third gear pulls and 15 minutes of driving. 4 counts of knock total during this 20 minutes, 2 or 3 were during decel.

Do I just need to drive more, and at varying degrees of throttle? Or is this just based off WOT?

2 - How does the TC Pressure and TC Target number correlate to boost pressure? I would assume 2000 would be 20psi. But I notice with the stage 2 which is supposed to be 21psi, my TC Pressure value is 2450 peak, so, not sure there..

3 - What sort of peak torque timing should I be seeing with this stage 2 map? I am seeing 0* through peak torque and occasionally get to 1.5* or 2* by 6500rpm.

Thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1.) You need to be under load but repeated WOT runs aren't helping if you're on a semi-aggressive map. 10-15 minutes of normal driving is usually plenty. Knock count is basically worthless from what I've been told, focus more on knock control.

2.) Make sure you are comparing the same units.

3.) I would say that you are seeing whatever you should be seeing. The map is the map unless you think your car has other issues.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just got my Ktuner and started playing with it today. I started out with the "Stage 2" vanilla map just to get an idea of what the logs should look like.

I was wondering about a few things though..

1 - How long does it take for the knock control to settle? On my stock map I was at .56 knock control. After flashing stage 2 I was still seeing .69 knock control after ten or so second-third gear pulls and 15 minutes of driving. 4 counts of knock total during this 20 minutes, 2 or 3 were during decel.

Do I just need to drive more, and at varying degrees of throttle? Or is this just based off WOT?

2 - How does the TC Pressure and TC Target number correlate to boost pressure? I would assume 2000 would be 20psi. But I notice with the stage 2 which is supposed to be 21psi, my TC Pressure value is 2450 peak, so, not sure there..

3 - What sort of peak torque timing should I be seeing with this stage 2 map? I am seeing 0* through peak torque and occasionally get to 1.5* or 2* by 6500rpm.

Thanks!
1. drive normal to bring knock control down before doing any WOT pulls. Also use higher Octane gas.

2. you can change your units to PSI for the boost reading

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Ok , I will just cruise around a bit normally and see what it does. Im not used to this auto tuning ECU stuff...I would run full time open-loop on my DSM/Evo ecu's so you just plug the numbers in and then it just does it lol.

As for the units, wow, did not realize that was in mBar. ha, thanks. I looked at the 4 digit number and thought"....uh....bar? no? kpa? no uhhh..."

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok , I will just cruise around a bit normally and see what it does. Im not used to this auto tuning ECU stuff...I would run full time open-loop on my DSM/Evo ecu's so you just plug the numbers in and then it just does it lol.

As for the units, wow, did not realize that was in mBar. ha, thanks. I looked at the 4 digit number and thought"....uh....bar? no? kpa? no uhhh..."
I got pretty good with DSMLink/ECMLink. This is certainly another animal.

largelybored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I assumed TC Pressure and TC Target are torque converter pressures...which you don't have...

I've got zero knocks but I'm running 93, also on stage 2.