DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. 69E058F7-8760-4783-ABDA-EAD4AD6FA09E
Well it happened today, thanks again for the write up was a super easy install following these instructions
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Installed my kit today. Guide was awesome. My fuse cable was limited in that the grounding wire was glued much together closer to fuse split than yours.

If you remove the interior piece by foot rest, there is a bracket for the hood latch release. I got a small washer and put it between the nut and screw to make sure it contacts metal on both sides. It’s 10mm. It works.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. 6AB1DBA8-CD85-4EA3-9B8F-B167A9259A8E

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Installed my kit today. Guide was awesome. My fuse cable was limited in that the grounding wire was glued much together closer to fuse split than yours.

If you remove the interior piece by foot rest, there is a bracket for the hood latch release. I got a small washer and put it between the nut and screw to make sure it contacts metal on both sides. It’s 10mm. It works.

6AB1DBA8-CD85-4EA3-9B8F-B167A9259A8E.jpeg
For the future; you can simply pull the two wires apart; the jacket will split down the center, giving you 2 wires (one for the ground, and one for the +) that have their own jackets.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Awesome write up. I'm going to buy the aura pro kit this week and install it. I however plan on owning this car forever so I'm going to splice into some wires and use a relay so this kit only turns on with the head lights.

ayeitsbagio

TSGLFK7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I know it's an old thread but It took me a while just getting the fuse in and the initial wiring set up.

I placed my control box along the wall of the center console using velcro to easily remove it for any reason towards the back as I cannot for the love of god reach the back area. I don't know how you were all able to reach back there. I struggled in loosening the bolt as I had to go upside down to get access in that area and a lot of light headedness. I will be finishing the installation tomorrow as I started pretty late.

On a side note, my aura pro software cannot be detected by my after market headunit the dasaita with PX6 processor. Is anyone using the same head unit that was able to detect the control box via blue tooth?

Also for anyone new with DIY fuses, your fuse puller is on the hood fusebox on the cover itself.

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
For driver’s side, I kinda really want to zip tie to the plastic trim rather than the insulation, however, the strip runs too long and runs over the gap where the steering wheel latch is sadly ?. Doing it to the insulation was a pain in the a-hole just because it’s a small confined space for a big guy like me to crawl under the steering wheel assembly. Elbows kept hitting everywhere. I highly suggest for anyone doing driver’s seat under the dashboard to wear gloves as you’ll end up encountering the grease/lubricant that’s on the arms of the brake/gas pedals. Not fun stuff to get on your hands.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. EBFECDCA-58F8-48B2-AAB6-02E0FF9275FB

UPDATE - 19/01/21

For anyone not wanting to use the adhesive sticking for front passenger, I’ve had to drill holes into the plastic panel above the floor in the footwell using a 9/64” drill bit which I found to be the appropriate size for the given zip tie. If you plan to feed the head of the zip tie through the hole, I suggest you go up one size with a 5/32” drill bit. Holes are barely noticeable.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. BFCBC71B-F4E6-4C27-8DA2-8F3067E42DEA

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. 54B3B12E-46AB-4555-90C7-969DB8098102

For back passenger seats, I found Snapchat to be useful for me and I’ll tell you how. For those that really need to see what they’re doing, get Snapchat, switch to the camera on your screen (the one used for selfies), turn on flash, place your phone partially under the seat, then lock it into recording so the screen flash actives while the screen of your phone shows what you’re doing under the seat ??

Last edited:

JDoffing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Old thread but great write up! Install was relatively painless aside from busting my knuckle loosening the bolt under the steering wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY interior lighting install for OPT7 interior lighting kit. PXL_20210303_183905341

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Has anyone used the Door Assist wire on their Aura Pro (Bluetooth model)? It comes with 1 wire instead of 2 like in the regular Pro, and I can't tell if it's a positive or negative.
Sponsored