Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Noticed your car has Sensing. Any problems with interference putting it so close to the Sensing housing? I've read in other threads here that there have been problems caused by certain dashcams mounted that close.

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noticed your car has Sensing. Any problems with interference putting it so close to the Sensing housing? I've read in other threads here that there have been problems caused by certain dashcams mounted that close.
Not the guy you're asking but I posted in another thread about my issues with Sensing and my dash cam.

I'm not sure if placement is the issue anymore. I recently reinstalled my camera in the top left corner of my windshield (literally as far away from the housing as I could get) and it still tripped the Sensing.

At this point, I'm thinking it may be the wiring I'm using and where it runs. I have it going up the driver side A Pillar which seems to be where Honda runs their cabling for the Sensing hub (from what I can tell anyway).

Or it could just be that my dash cam is too close to those wires as well and it isn't necessarily an issue with the housing.

I'll keep experimenting with locations and wiring routes and see if I can find anything that works for me.

OP
OP
hondo

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not the primary drive and my wife doesn't use the sensing stuff much. But when I have driven and used sensing I haven't noticed any issues. I'm curious what kind of issues others are experiencing, I'll try to keep an eye out for it.
Sponsored